frade
Hi experts,

I have an Elite Multichannel enviroment, where I have to open an URL between work item, when call from specific VDN is established in Agent Desktop.

We have found a solution (which we think is the best) using external application iexplore.exe, and configuring "External Application 1" and also using Rules with specific URL based on the VDN of the incoming call. Let me show you what i have configured in the .ini file (we dont use templates):
-------------------------------------
[External Application 1]
Display Delay Interval Seconds = 1
Display In Tool Window = False
Allow Tool Window To Dock Bottom = True
Allow Tool Window To Dock Top = True
Allow Tool Window To Dock Left = True
Allow Tool Window To Dock Right = True
External Application Name = iexplore.exe
External Application Command Line =
Title Text = 060
Allow To Close = True
Launch Application When Host Started = False
Incoming Call VDN List =
Icon File Full Path = ExternalApp.ICO
Tool Window Key =
Focus Application When Window Selected = True

Rule2 = When Voice.WIEstablished And CalledDN = 1993001 Do ReturnEvent Container.LaunchNewExternalApplicationWindow,externalAppConfigSectionName=External Application 1,externalAppCommandLine=http://10.252.138.110/Script/index1nivel.html?VDN=%VDN%&calledDN=%CalledDN%&AgentID=%AgentID%&StationDN=%StationDN%,callIDToCloseWindowWhenCallDropped=%CallID% Then Stop Else Stop
---------------------------------

This solution "works" but often we have found, in certain scenarios (not always the same...ie when agent drops the call etc...) the EMC Desktop freezes and we have to restart again because it doesnt work. We have test without external application and works much more better.

Please, Could you confirm me if I 'm using external Application to upen an URL as is suppose to work, or i have to do some other thing?
Do you have any idea why EMC Desktop freezes or why is happening this behaviour?

You all are my last hope :roll:

THANKS in ADVANCE!!
David

Supriya
Hi David,

What is the version of EMC?

There was issue like this was fixed in EMC 6.4. If possible, could you please check this issue in EMC 6.4 Desktop?

Thanks,
Supriya.
frade
Thanks Supriya

Or version is 6.3.1... Can i test only intalin desktop 6.4, or Do you recomend me to upgrade the Emc solution?

Is there a solution notes, or some document where explain this problem and fixed in 6.4?
Supriya
HI David,

For the test activity you can install only EMC Desktop 6.4 , but it is always recommanded that EMC server and EMC desktop should be of same version.

The issue was found internally so not documented.

Thanks,
Supriya.
frade
Thanks a lot

Please could you tell me in which document I can find how to upgrade EMC Server from 6.3.1 to 6.4??

Should I have to upgrade also the EMC database tables?

Thanks
frade
#############
SOLUTION
#############

The problem is the Dll external application container.

Use this dll and replace it making a copy of the old one.

Remember this is for 6.3.1 version.

I hope it helps.

Regards.
David Fradejas.
Filename SR # 1-6547618342.zip [Disk] Download
kinjobeti
my internet explore also creating problem
kinjobeti
kinjobeti wrote:my internet explore also creating problem

here's the solution which works for me
http://www.deskdecode.com/internet-explorer-has-stopped-working/

Fixing Hardware Acceleration Setting – In the Advanced tab of internet properties you can see the first setting listed as “[_] use software rendering instead of gpu rendering” under the accelerated graphics. This setting is all about on who do the graphic work for media contained webpage, does CPU handles the graphical load or the GPU.

>>If you’ll tick it, that will make your browser to transfer all graphical work on your computer’s CPU.

>>If you’ll leave it unticked, that will make your browser to transfer all graphical work on your computer’s GPU.

I’ll suggest you to change that setting opposite whatever it was ticked or un-ticked. I mean tick it if it’s unticked or vice-versa.

Make sure to save that setting by clicking Apply button on the bottom of properties window:
Go to:   
Mobile view