liu159
Hi team,

I read the user guide of EDPTester but things are still not clear.

On page 6, it requires Connector Configuration.

For Email Connector, it needs SMTP host address, User, Password. Where can I get these ?

For SMS Connector, it needs a Clickatell SMS account (Sender Phone #, Clickatell account, password, API ID). Where can I get these ?

Thanks !
JoelEzell
Hi, I think you'd said that you're working in your own lab rather than collaboratory. Is that right? If so, the SMTP server would be your organization's email server, with a username and password that are valid on that server.

For SMS, you will have to go to the https://www.clickatell.com/ to set up an account, then configure the SMS Connector with the information associated with your newly created account.
liu159
Hi Joel,

I have the email working but I did not use the code in EDPTester. Basically I just wrote a JAVA SMTP email service myself without authentication.

For the SMS, if we go to www.clickatell.com to set up an account for our EDP server to use, will it charge us money ?
liu159
Any one knows if we go to www.clickatell.com to set up an account for our EDP server to use, will it charge us money ?
JoelEzell
Yes, you will have to pay for the service. Webtext has a similar service and I'm trying to find out how to go about signing up for their services.
liu159
Thanks Joel. Good to know that.

I think we probably will just remove the SMS functionality if it's not free ...
Go to:   
Mobile view