HoraciMacias
I'm trying to deploy a snapin which uses some service attributes.
For some reason I'm unable to deploy my svar for some attribute related reason.
System Manager says "Attribute <attributename> exists but does not match the properties file"
I tried creating a different snapin from scratch, in case previous versions of my snapin were using this same global attribute, but still I wasn't able to deploy.
Then I changed the attribute's displayname in properties.xml and I was finally able to deploy.
Is there any restriction related to display names of global/service attributes? do they need to be unique accross all snapins in an EDP instance?
What about the attribute name itself; should I worry about making the attribute names unique or will EDP "sandbox" all attributes so even if multiple snapins use the same attribute name they will be able to use different copies/formats of attribute?

thanks,

H
BennyEllis
Attribute names are scoped by Snap-in name. So Snap-in A and Snap-in B can both define an attribute named "timezone" for example.
Different versions of the same snap-in must define the same attribute exactly the same. That is if A-1.0 defines "timezone" as a string with default "EST", then A-2.0 can not define "timezone" as an encrypted string with default "MDT".
Go to:   
Mobile view