Karthick
Dear All,
Am using Nuance 10 MRCPv1 speech server and Avaya MPS4.1. Could you please let me know what are the parameters needs to be set in Baseline.xml, NSSserver.cfg for NBEST and how to declare that in sys-lvr-mrcpv1.cfg
BobBraudes
Hi Karthik,

We haven't tested with Nuance version 10, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. The only changes we typically make to the baseline,xml and Baseline.xml files are to ensure that the number of licensed ports for both ASR and TTS are correct. With regard to sys-lvr-mrcpv1.cfg, there is information in the Avaya Media Processing Server Speech Server MRCPv1 Resource Guide that may be helpful; you may find this document on the Avaya Support site, at https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100173586. While this is a couple of years old and not specific to v10, I believe it should help you with your issue. If not, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bob
Karthick
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply. In Nuance9, we have a parameter swirec_nbest_list_length parameter for NBEST functionality. Where as in Nuance 10, there is separation for MRCPV1 parameter and Vendor Specific Parameter.
eg)

MRCPV1 Parameter Declaration :
-----------------------------------------
mrcpv1.swirec_nbest_list_length 1

Vendor Specific Parameter Declaration
-----------------------------------------------
mrcpv1.Vendor-Specific-Parameters 'swirec_nbest_list_length=1"'

The recognizer is always returning the num results value as 2. Where as i tried controlling Nbest by declaring the value as 1 inside the Label of particular grammar in [sys-lvr-mrcpv1.cfg] but is doesn't helped me. Can you please help me out here ?????

BobBraudes
Hi Karthick,

Unfortunately I have never set this parameter. Given the configuration is something new in Nuance v10, have you tried putting in a support request at network.nuance.com? If they can't help I can see if I can find any other programs at Avaya that have used this.

Thanks,
Bob
BobBraudes
Hi Karthick,

I reached out to another team in Avaya and received the following response:

The parameter name you used to set as MRCP parameter is not correct. The parameter name is different when you
set it as MRCP parameter and as vendor-specific-parameter. The returned number of result is always 2 is probably
bc your parameter is not set and Nuance use it’s default which is 2.

Use the following name if you want to set it as MRCP parameter
mrcpv1.N-Best-List-Length 1

Use the following name if you want to set it as vendor-specific-parameters
mrcpv1.Vendor-Specific-Parameters 'swirec_nbest_list_length="1"'

Hope this helps!

Bob
Karthick
Hi Bob,

Thanks earlier with MPS3.5 [ Periproducer Tool] and Nuance9 i was controlling NBEST from application by send parameters(eg speechworks_nbest_list_length) through AVS. Here in Nuance 10, the MRCPV1 doesn't support speechworks parameter so it replaced with mrcpv1 header.

So according to your last reply, i tried controlling the NBEST from application as mrcpv1_Vendor-Specific-Parameters 'swirec_nbest_list_length="2"' as well as mrcpv1_N-Best-List-Length 2 (i have used _(underscore) beacuse periproducer doesn't support .(dot))and the same changes is applied to sys-lvr-mrcpv1.cfg(but the variation here is .(dot) instead of _ (underscore)it doesn't helped me with two NBEST.

Can you help me out here ???
BobBraudes
Hi Karthick,

Sorry for the delay but I was on vacation. At this point the only alternative I can think of is to contact Nuance support. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Bob
Karthick
Hi Bob,

No Problem. Sorry i don't know any Nuance point of contact. It would be really helpful if you could help me in getting the same please?
BobBraudes
Do you know from where you acquired your Nuance software and licenses? Was it purchased through Avaya, directly from Nuance, or from some other source?

Go to:   
Mobile view