AnuragAggarwal
We are very excited about latest release of Engagement Designer and several of the new features that make it even easier to create great applications.

One of the new features is dynamic task types which allow developers and business analysts to write new tasks and import them into Engagement Designer for use in building new applications.

A task can be used in workflow to do some custom work, eg - connect to database, get stock quote, connect to SAP system. A task defines what are its input parameters, what is the output and the logic.

Engagement designer uses osgi technology to listen to new tasks. You can write bunch of tasks, add them to an osgi bundle, wrap bundle with svar. Tasks may be packaged separately and installed on Engagement Designer at any time using the standard EDP svar mechanism for deployment. Afterwards the task can be used in workflows.

Developer guide on how to write a task is provided at https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101020251.

Let us know your thoughts and questions.
lsomla
Hello.

I tried the manual to create Dynamic task. I used Eclipse and EDP Tasks SDK. After completing all steps, I compiled a project and received .svar file which I loaded into Breeze through SMGR. But unfortunately after some installing time, I received error: "Deploy Failed".
I don't know if this is ok but in my svar file is missing cba file.
- I tried to deploy manually using ssh console and deploy_service command, but without success: error "Unable to find file: tmp/deploylog1503", so I tried to add this file manually but again without success.
-Next step was to manually add cba file to svar package and deploy this again manually, an effect was much of strange errors and warnings (in attachment).

Please help.
Filename putty.log [Disk] Download
AnuragAggarwal
Hi,

If you are working with ED 3.2 then the above dev guide is obsolete, there would not be any cba in 3.2

There should be a jar file in tasks/target directory

You have to use that jar, go to admin console->bundles and upload it there

Regards
lsomla
We using ED 3.1.0.2.013102007. Should we update this? Or can we use this and include somehow this cba into svar?
AnuragAggarwal
In 3.1.0.2, there should be a cba

Is there a cba generate under tasks-snapin/tasks-snapin-cba/target ? what is the version of this cba ? Is it the same version and ba that is used in svar's pom.xml
Go to:   
Mobile view