RichardMudway
Hi,

I have been trying to implemernt a Query command but cannot get it to work. I have tried this in real code and within the Tsapi Exerciser Tool and get the same results.

Im not sure if it is supported and or if there are any special steps before executing it, but i normally see an error like Invalid Device Identifier.

I also have the same problems with attQueryAgentLogin().

Thanks,

Rich.
MartinFlynn
Hi Richard,

The queries that you mentioned take a Huntgroup number as a parameter. When I call them using the TSAPI Exerciser, I get a good response.

Martin
JohnBiggs
By hunt group number, Martin is referring to the hunt group's extension.. not it's array index number which is used at the SAT 'change hunt-group X'
RichardMudway
Hi Guys,

Yes that was what i was following, but today i found that i had not configured the Hunt Group properly in the SAT. I had to set the ACD, Vector and Skill attributes to Yes and then i was able to enable a Monitor or Query that Split via both my code and the Tsapi Exerciser tool.

But i am still confused about a few things...

I cannot seem to monitor the Split via the cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice. Instead i can only monitor via the cstaMonitorDevice? I have been checking the Tsapi Prog Ref and it shows that i receive more events if i set a monitor via the cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice function. So am i missing more configuration in the Hunt Group settings in the SAT?

Every time i try to monitor my Split i with the cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice function i get the message along the lines of "request is incompatible with the Object".

Rich.
JohnBiggs
You can use cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice() only when the hunt group is configured as non-ACD (non EAS environment). Since EAS is configured as a system level option, there are environments (Communication Manager systems) where you can and others you can not use cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice. I do have a system where I have both types of hunt groups configured and on some hunt groups I can use cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice and others I can not, but normally you would not be allowed to configure ACD and non-ACD hunt groups on the same system.I am not sure what is enable that allows this mix of configurations, on most systems this is administratively blocked.
RichardMudway
Hi John,

I must have an EAS configured Environment because even when i configure the Hunt Group as non-ACD (ACD = N), i still cannot use cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice.

I am using the latest Avaya BDE, so am i able to modify the setting that is administratively blocked or the EAS setting?

I mainly use the SAT for finding and tweaking settings, as the only other place i see that could help is to add CTI devices + type in the AES Management Console (under security).

Rich.
JohnBiggs
BDE is configured for EAS (in the change sys features form) page 11/19.

To change it you will have to remove all the configured hunt groups and all the references to them (usually in vectors), and all the agents. It is a lot of work.

The alternative is to remove the translation file (I would have to give you root privilege to do that). and rebuild the system from nothing.... also painful.

Why do you want to test that. Most people are happy enough monitoring the VDNs that feed the hunt groups. they get the info they want that way.
RichardMudway
Sorry i missed your prompt reply, my email not get an alert.

Wow i would have to agree, those 2 options are much more work than i would like to take on.

Im basically i am testing to see what my options are and what events i am able to see. As i assume that i would encounter both EAS and non-EAS Environments. The Tsapi Prog Ref shows that i get only a certain set of messages depending on how i can monitor a Split.

So i guess the better question to ask is, what is the usual setup for a clients ACD, EAS or non-EAS?

Rich.
JohnBiggs
EAS is used in the (overwhelming) majority of call center environments. Applications monitor the VDNs to get the information they need.
RichardMudway
Hi,

I have moved forward with this and have implemented attQueryAcdSplit and attQueryAgentLogin, but i cannot seem to get anything other than zero in the returned fields.

I have tried both functions on the Avaya BDE and on a client site and i see no difference.

Do you have any advice why this might be?

Thanks,

Rich.
MartinFlynn
I am seeing good data using the TSAPI Exerciser (unfortunately, I can't copy from the exerciser). Are you using EAS? Do you have any agents logged into the Huntgroup?

Martin
MartinFlynn
Also, did you enable private data when you created the TSAPI connection?
RichardMudway
Hi Martin,

Yes, the system is EAS, and i do have agents logged in but im not sure how to tell if they are part of the Hunt Group. I also have difficulty knowing which skill is associated with a Hunt Group? However, i do have Private Data enbled and working.

I too have tried it on the Tsapi Exerciser, but it yields the same results as my app.

Thanks,

Rich.
MartinFlynn
Hi Richard,

There are a couple of tests that you can do:

1. Phone the Huntgroup extension. If one of the agents' phone rings, then the agent is logged in to the huntgroup and available. It should definitely show up on attQueryAcdSplit and attQueryAgentLogin.

2. Use the SAT command list agent-loginID. For each agent, there will be a list of skills and levels. If the Huntgroup's ID (number from 1 upwards, not the extension number) is on the list then the agent is logged in to the Huntgroup.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view