RossParrent
Hi All,

I am attempting to connect to a web service (REST) but I'm receiving a "403 forbidden" response code. My application server is Tomcat 7 on Linux.

I can browse to the web service URL from that server (using elinks from the command line).

Firewall is off.

I can successfully call the web service with Google's PostMan, so I'm comfortable with the syntax of the call.

In fact, I was successful using this same servlet as a stand-alone java app prior to incorporating it in my OD application.

Any ideas on how I might trouble shoot this connection to the web service or why the 403 response?

The snippet below is how I have this programmed in a Java servlet:

try {

URL url = new URL(urlString);
do {
HttpURLConnection conn = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
ncpSession.getTraceOutput().writeln(ITraceInfo.TRACE_LEVEL_INFO, "MY TRACE ncpSession.conn.getResponseCode: " + conn.getResponseCode());

The trace output shows

• MY TRACE ncpSession.conn.getResponseCode: 403

• The project is zipped and attached. The servlet in question can be found at the bottom of the flow diagram - screen shot attached. The intention of the web service call is to convert a recorded .wav file to text.

Filename ATACCallSurveyV5.zip [Disk] Download
    • [Thumb - flowBottom.png]
    [Disk] Download

Ross Parrent Support Engineer | Sales Engineering | ATAC-Technicenter Highlands Ranch, CO 80129 | 720-444-8135 one number
    SamareshKowshik
    I'm not entirely sure, just from the code. But, do you need some sort of certificate to access the web service? You can add any by going to:

Window -> Preferences -> Avaya Aura -> Orchestration Designer -> Certificates

Other than certs, OD shouldn't be interfering with Java code such that code written outside OD works, but doesn't in it.
    RossParrent
    Thanks Sam,

I wonder if it may have something to do with ProofPoint's URL-Defence. I'm looking into this possibility now.

Ross Parrent Support Engineer | Sales Engineering | ATAC-Technicenter Highlands Ranch, CO 80129 | 720-444-8135 one number
    Go to:   
    Mobile view