P.Bobek
Hi All,

sometimes our Service installes correctly but sometimes it failes to install.
Is it possible to get a more specific error message than just the label "Failed to install" from the Service Management View to find out what went wrong?
  • [Thumb - failed_to_install.png]
[Disk] Download
JoelEzell
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems. I've asked our team if somebody can provide you with some simple troubleshooting steps. Have you checked the Avaya Engagement Development Platform FAQ and Troubleshooting for Service Developers at http://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/da4040e6-c6e4-4de0-a908-5e94699ca13a ? There is a section titled "How can I find why my service installation failed?" that provides a number of things that you can check to troubleshoot.

Additionally, as you are a paying Collaboratory customer, you are entitled to support from our Services organization. If you look in the Lab-14_UserAccess.csv file, you will see a row titled "Softphone and other downloads". The URL on this row will take you to a web page that has instructions on how to seek support.

Please let us know how it goes!
P.Bobek
Thanks for the link, the mentioned section was exactly what I was looking for.
I was able to manually deploy the service. I got the following error:

OK: configureClassLoaderPolicyForAnApplication('CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4', 'SINGLE', 'false'):
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : Using most default ClassLoader settings (exception using "SINGLE" classloader): likely Parent First
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : Configuring shared libraries: ce_shared+ce_isolated+ce_gs
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : Deployed
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : Initializing...
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : CWPMI0023W: Unable to register PMI module due to duplicate name: CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.0
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : CWPMI0103W: Unable to register custom PMI module due to duplicate name under the same parent or invalid PMI tree path: CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.0
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : com.ibm.ws.sip.container.was.pmi.SessionModule SessionModule
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : CWPMI0023W: Unable to register PMI module due to duplicate name: CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.0
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : CWPMI0103W: Unable to register custom PMI module due to duplicate name under the same parent or invalid PMI tree path: CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.0
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : com.ibm.ws.sip.container.was.pmi.InboundRequestModule InboundRequestModule cannot create PMI module
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : com.ibm.ws.sip.container.was.pmi.OutboundRequestModule OutboundRequestModule cannot create PMI module
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : com.ibm.ws.sip.container.was.pmi.InboundResponseModule createStatsInstances cannot create Statistic instance
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : com.ibm.ws.sip.container.was.pmi.OutboundResponseModule createStatsInstances cannot create Statistic instance
CallNumberResolver-1.0.0.0.4 : CAR registration Failed

Do you know how to fix this error? I uninstalled and deleted all previous versions of the service, so there is only v1.0.0.0.4. But I still get this error.
P.Bobek
The cause of the error was that we used a wrong version of the EAR artifact in the SVAR artifacts pom.xml. Now the Service works fine.
JoelEzell
Excellent news, thanks for letting us know that you've got it working. One thing to keep in mind for rapid deployment is that if you deploy manually (either through the Eclipse Plug-in or by doing an scp and deploy_service), you don't have to go through System Manager every time. You can keep the version number the same and do manual deploys as many times as you want. You will have to deploy through System Manager with a new version number if you want to add / change attributes though.

Please don't hesitate to post further questions and keep in mind the support option that you have available to you as a paid customer of Collaboratory.
Go to:   
Mobile view