RajaMohammed
Dears, In my windows PC, I am using OD 7.0, Tomcat 7, JDK 7. I read xml data (contains some arabic names) from host using MQ connection, I Set encoding to UTF-8 in eclipse (Orchestration designer). While play TTS, I can see the Arabic characters in log as also playing in IVR properly.
Another UAT server cnotains AIX OS, IBM Wepsphere app server, JDK 7. Same OD code is installed there too.
But the UAT server is not playing the arabic word. Do we need to install separate language package for Arabic or any other configuration required? Please help.
Regards,
Raja Mohammed
WilsonYu
When your app is deployed on IBM WAS, I assume you are running the app from Voice Portal/Enterprise Portal right? To play a language correctly, you have to have the speech server such Nuance's to support it. Also when you configure the app on Voice Portal, you need to select the specific tts resource available.
RajaMohammed
I am running both windows & AIX OD application through experience portal only. What I found is If I type arabic word directly in OD application in TTS node (available in palette), it is playing arabic name properly in both windows and AIX server.
But as per actual requirement, I am reading xml value from host using MQconnection that contains few arabic names. It is showing junk characters like زÙ?اد سعÙ?د أحÙ?د Ø®Ø in log file if I opened in "vi" editor(in AIX). But showing correct arabic name like ???? ??? ?????? ?? ????? in notepad++(in windows) after transferring log file from AIX server to windows PC. Hope it is playing those junk characters in AIX. It is strange. Please suggest me if I need to provide more & clear information.
WilsonYu
It seems that whatever api you use to read the Arabic characters is not encoding the characters probably when the characters are being passed from the xml to the Java OD app.
RajaMohammed
I am using same API to read xml data in both Windows & AIX. I agree that there will be some encoding/characterset problem. But I am not sure where to set this.
WilsonYu
Can you show me the code you are using?
RajaMohammed
Attached the code that used for connecting with MQ and sending request & getting response xml data.
Filename MQConnection.java [Disk] Download
WilsonYu
Wherever you call the String.getBytes(), try Sting.getBytes("UTF-8"). For example in one of your lines:

mqReadMessage.write(sResponseMessage.getBytes("UTF-8"));
RajaMohammed
Thanks for your information. it did not work. But I changed again like

strNickName = new String(strNickName.getBytes(),Charset.forName("UTF-8"));

before playing in TTS. It is working fine now. It was hitting my head for a week almost.
Thanks for your help. :)
TeleAnand
Hi Raja, Will you please give the info about how to create arabic nuance based TTS application in OD and how to test, configure in AEP ?
RajaMohammed
I am not sure nucance has Arabic. I used arabic from another vendor Acapela.
TeleAnand
Thanks for your prompt reply.
ssaleem.globaltechnologies.com.sa
RajaMohammed wrote:I am not sure nucance has Arabic. I used arabic from another vendor Acapela.

Hello Mohammed,
Could you please share any documents/links about Acapela integration with Avaya

Regards,
Sabeel
Go to:   
Mobile view