AdamEurich
Hi,

I'm already monitoring a device and when I try to ReleaseDeviceId() it returns this error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><CSTAErrorCode xmlns="http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3"><stateIncompatibility>invalidDeviceState</stateIncompatibility></CSTAErrorCode>

I did notice something out of the ordinary on the call previous to the ReleaseDeviceId() call. I got a conferenced event with an event cause of "silentParticipation". Not sure what would cause this but it shouldn't stop me from releasing the device ID when I am trying to stop monitoring the device.

Using ServiceProvider.dll 6.2.0.29.

I'm not sure what other information you need.

Thanks in advance,

Adam Eurich
MartinFlynn
You are likely to get a more informative description of the problem in the DMCC traces on AE Services. There are instructions in the Devconnect Product FAQ "How can I monitor the XML being sent and received by the AE Services Server (debug, log, trace)?". It is in the "FAQ: AE Services Device, Media, and Call Control (DMCC) -> Other" section.

Though it's not mentioned in the FAQ, you may need to restart the DMCC service after changing the logging level.

Martin
JOHNNYMOORE [Avatar]

Not to hijack your post, but I too have been getting this message and I've never been able to get a clear answer on the problem from my Avaya support.

In the trace logs I keep seeing

FINE: Returning negative ack to client session (74E019E03ECAB60DD66C38ECBC1881F0-7) : ch.ecma.csta.errors.InvalidDeviceStateException: Switch name must be set for [6381]

What exactly does it mean by the switch name must be set? Where do I set this? Why does this happen randomly. The single step conference recording will work fine for days and then this appears out of the blue, and recording doesn't occur.
MartinFlynn
It looks like the application is sending a request to AE Services with an invalid deviceID. It looks like it is sending "6381" when it should be sending something like "6381:SwitchName::0".

I was able to reproduce the error by doing just that.

Martin
DebendraModi
I was searching for my error when I stumbled on this old post.

I was on the remote labs earlier today. In my single step conferencing application, I had configured 3 stations - 40016, 40017 and 40018 as the stations being monitored.

I registered recording devices on extensions 40019 and 40020. I also received an initial hook switch updated event with the hook state as true. (onhook)

I called from 40016 to 40017 and conferenced in 40019. The SingleStep Conference response was -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><CSTAErrorCode xmlns="http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3"><stateIncompatibility>invalidDeviceState</stateIncompatibility></CSTAErrorCode>

What could be wrong ?

Thank you in advance.
MartinFlynn
This is probably the wrong thread. I see that somebody with a similar name had a similar problem in 2012: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/2166.page

Martin
frankcarreon2

Hi Martin

Thank you so much and sorry I did not search hard enough. This post appeared higher up and had the same error message albeit for a different command. May be I should have looked further.

For anyone coming across this issue again, we need to provide the recording device device id instead of ext in the SSC command.

Thanks again Martin.
Go to:   
Mobile view