gowtham
Hello Guys,

I am writing a centralized WCF api that creates and maintains a session with Avaya AES server and it i am logging in different agents and monitoring their extensions and performing basic call control events. Now my question is what is the maximum number of extensions that can be simultaneously monitored at the same time by a single session? Or do I need to create a separate session for each extension that I am monitoring?

Thank you,
JohnBiggs
This class of information is documented in the AE Services Overview document for the release you are working with. It has varied as a function of the underlying server that AE Services is running on. See the section titled 'Capacities'.

A single session can support the maximum number of monitors possible (there is actually more efficiency in doing it that way than one session per monitor).

So now the question turns to what kind of monitor are you referring to... Call Control, Physical Device, or ??? which I need to know before I can give you a specific number (along with the release of AE Services you working with). I suspect call control, but want to be sure.
gowtham
Thank you for your response. I will mostly be working on AES server version 4.2 but most likely will be moving on to 6.2 sometime in the future. So I would like the information for both. Also I am primarily working on 3rd party call control monitors like call established.

Thanks,
Ahmadqadri
Any updates on this,
I am creating a similar service where I want to monitor multiple devices(softphones) via a centralized .net dmcc application. I have not used a WCF service. Its just a class in my web application that start application session gets a device Id, registers terminal. Every time a user log in to the web it sends a request to this Telephony class and does all the work with a new serviceProvider instance. The problem is that I only receive events for the latest registration, the previous registration are lost.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
MartinFlynn
You must persist the serviceProvider object in order to keep the connection to AE Services open. It is also most efficient to create a single instance of serviceProvider and use this for all devices.

As DMCC requires that a TCP connection be kept open to AE Services for a long period, I think it would be very difficult to use it within a web application as you are doing. A web app is generally transaction based and it is not normal to keep connections open indefinitely.

I suggest that you consider keeping your DMCC code in a separate process, running as a service on your server. You will then need some sort of mechanism that allows the web app to request that the DMCC service perform actions (e.g. monitor station) and that can poll the DMCC service for a list of events that it has received.

Martin
Ahmadqadri
Thank you for the response.
Is there any sample application of this or anything close to this scenario. Even a document related to it would do.
Yes keeping the dmcc app as a seperate service is in my mind and ill be going for it.
MartinFlynn
I'm not sure what you mean by "this scenario". There are several sample DMCC applications available. The Java SDK includes a simpleIVR sample app which you may find useful.

As for using a web application with a background service, that is not really related to DMCC so I do not think any of the sample applications would be particularly helpful here.

Martin
gowtham
Hello,

We are connecting to an AES server version 6.x via a 7.0 dll since thats the one that supports tls 2.0. Could you please tell me the maximum number of device monitoring that is supported per session?

We use DMCC for third party call control with TSAPI licenses.

So we login/logoff/single step call transfer and have a call control monitor on each of the device we logged in to get ANI/VDN on a specific device id.

ie, We start a monitor on each of the device we logged in and monitor for the EstablishedEvent

So do you know how many such device ids can be simultaneously monitored per AES session?

JohnBiggs
It is a good practice to open a new thread when starting a new topic. Piggybacking on an existing thread will limit the number of people who are notified of your posting.

Before I answer, a few questions

1) Does the application create and register DMCC devices ?
2) It doesn't sound like you are terminating media on AE Services, but are you?
3) Is that media encrypted?
4) Are you using encrypted H.323 signaling channels (this would be a setting in the ip-network-region form)?

5) Are you putting call control monitors on stations or VDNs (or both)?

I ask because there are separate limits on DMCC device registrations versus call control monitors,
encryption places a performance burden on AES and that reduces overall capacities,
and finally there are separate maxima on VDNs versus stations.

The answers to your questions are in the Avaya Aura® Application Enablement Services Overview and Specification (https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/a0187148-3600-42f5-869c-03e33570b167) documentation and in Avaya Aura® Communication Manager System Capacities Table (https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100158926) but before I give them to you I want the answers to the questions I posed above.
gowtham
Sorry about not opening a new thread.

1) Does the application create and register DMCC devices ?

No. We use DMCC because we use .net development environment and at that time only DMCC supported it. The agents would still have physical devices/softphones on their side that they use for their operations. We do only third party call control and do not do any first party call control. We use DMCC over port 4722 to perform the following operations using the service provider dll.

Login in an agent:
1. Get the device id
2. Login an agent with the agent id/password onto that device id
3. start an EstablishedEvent event on that device id

Log off an an agent:
1. Logout the agent from the device
2. stop call control monitor
3. release the device id

Call transfer:
1. Transfer the call using the device id, transfer number and call id

Get ANI/VDN:
Since we have a monitor (EstablishedEvent) on each device id that we added when we login, we receive the ANI/VDN//Call ID/Device ID when a call is received by an agent

2) It doesn't sound like you are terminating media on AE Services, but are you?
The above operations are the only ones that we do. We do not work with media or anything else.

3) Is that media encrypted?
same as above

4) Are you using encrypted H.323 signaling channels (this would be a setting in the ip-network-region form)?
Not sure what this is. The call center and AES server is managed by a vendor of our customer and we establish a session to port 4722 using client certificate to connect to the AES server over the internet with them. We do not manage anything to do with the call centers.

5) Are you putting call control monitors on stations or VDNs (or both)?
We put the EstablishedEvent on the device ID as part of our login process. Not on a VDN.
JohnBiggs
Thanks... you can have 32,000 station call control monitors with AE Services 6.x through a DMCC application as you have described it. This is covered in row 610 of https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100158926
gowtham
Awesome! Thanks for the information!

Sorry..One more question.

Is this per session or per AES server?
JohnBiggs
It is actually a Communication Manager limit. In the 6.x time frame it is also a limit at the AES server level. A single DMCC (or TSAPI, JTAPI, CVLAN or DLG) session can consume all 32,000 domain controls if there are no other applications trying to acquire them. In the case of DMCC, TSAPI or JTAPI or a mixture thereof, if multiple applications are putting a domain control (call control monitor) on a common extension, through a single AES, only one Communication Manager domain control is used (per extension).
Go to:   
Mobile view