MichaelDailous_deprecated
I'm having a strange issue and can't seem to figure out where to implement a fix.

Scenario I have an enabled PDC and have added it to a data node. Within the same data node, I have a simple variable named 'temp'. In the properties window for my PDC, I select the variable 'temp' in one of my options drop-downs. I then save the data node and subsequently delete the variable named 'temp' and save the data node again. I can the variable is still identified in the workbench display. However, when I select my PDC, nothing is displayed in the properties window. In the error log, I see the following:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.avaya.sce.callflowitem.ui.editor.FlowItemTreeEditPart.getLocalVariableFields(FlowItemTreeEditPart.java:465)
at com.avaya.sce.callflowitem.ui.editor.FlowItemTreeEditPart.getVariableFields(FlowItemTreeEditPart.java:478)
at com.avaya.sce.callflowitem.ui.editor.FlowItemTreeEditPart.addVariablePropertyDescriptors(FlowItemTreeEditPart.java:1195)
at com.avaya.sce.callflowitem.ui.editor.FlowItemTreeEditPart.addVariablePropertyDescriptors(FlowItemTreeEditPart.java:1150)
at ...SetLanguageEditPart.addPropertyDescriptors(SelectLanguageEditPart.java:44)
at com.avaya.sce.core.ui.gef.GraphicalTreeEditPart$1.getPropertyDescriptors(GraphicalTreeEditPart.java:142)

I know this stack trace is post variable deletion, so implementing some sort of catch here doesn't really fix the problem. How can my PDC be notified when a variable is removed from the node/project so I can remove the variable from my PDC if it's being used?

Thanks,
Michael

NeilGoldsmith
In your plugin.xml for your PDC, did you use the dataConnector ext point to model your data?
<extension
point="com.avaya.sce.callflow.dataConnector">

If you did, it will be taken care of for you if you set it up correctly. Otherwise, you will have to do manually.
Apparently I haven't set it up correctly. I use the dataConnector extension point, but still have the problem. Can you clarify what you mean by "you set it up correctly"?
NeilGoldsmith
In the dataconnectorui portion, you would point to your edit part:

<extension
point="com.avaya.sce.callflow.ui.dataConnectorUI">
<dataConnectorUI
ContextHelpID=""
EditPartClass="com.avaya.sce.pdc.notification.ui.email.callflow.EmailEditPart"

in that class, you can add a variable proper descriptor for any variables you have. This will handle removal for you.
protected void addPropertyDescriptors(List<IPropertyDescriptor> list) {
addVariablePropertyDescriptors(list,
new PropDescData(EmailFlowItem.PROP_TO_VAR, "To Variable","The variable for to address."),
new PropDescData(EmailFlowItem.PROP_TO_FIELD, "To Variable Field", "The variable field for to address."),
null);
This is the same code that I've included in all of my PDC's, and it still doesn't work.

@Override
protected void addPropertyDescriptors(List<IPropertyDescriptor> list) {
addVariablePropertyDescriptors(list,
new PropDescData(AuthFlowItem.PROP_EMAIL_VAR, AuthFlowItem.PROP_EMAIL_DESCR.concat(" Variable"), "The name of the variable containing the email address"),
new PropDescData(AuthFlowItem.PROP_EMAIL_VARFIELD, AuthFlowItem.PROP_EMAIL_DESCR.concat(" Variable Field"), "The name of the complex variable field, if needed"),
null);
}

Just tested it again, and throws the exact same error. The problem comes when the variable is deleted from the project. The properties of the PDC aren't updated. When I select the PDC to change the variable, none of the properties are displayed because the variable doesn't exist, and the aforementioned NullPointerException occurs. This is for OD version 7 & 7.1, JDK 1.7.
NeilGoldsmith
You may have to send me your PDC (neilg@avaya.com) if that is feasible. It's very tough to debug it over the forum.
Just sent a simple PDC example of the issue. It doesn't do much, but it does show the problem I'm having.

Thanks for looking at this.
Michael
Go to:   
Mobile view