DanielaBanin
Is there a limit to how many modules - local calls may be nested in an OD application? I am using OD7.0.1 and experiencing some unsteady behaviour.

NeilGoldsmith
Should only be limited by the VM. How deep is your nesting and what behavior?
DanielaBanin
4 deep. One of the strange things:

At level 3 - I have a Prompt and Collect, with NoInput or NoMatch throwing a custom event.
I am catching the custom event - when the threshold is reached - instead of the indicated Goto - a badfetch or runtime event is thrown (I am catching this in the root of the module but this is not what I intended)
NeilGoldsmith
First try using subdialog instead of local call. I talked to another developer and he said with local call you could have some nesting issues that deep.

If you are still having issues, post an app log here.
DanielaBanin
The problem is that a subdialog does not allow me to pass complex variables.
RossYakulis
It requires java code but you can always store a reference to the complex in the session properties and retrieve in the module.
RossYakulis
If you can capture a trace.log and matching sessionslot (on the mpp) with trace at finest we can look at the logs.
DanielaBanin
I am ashamed to say that the error was in my application, not related to the nested modules - I concatenated a complex variable to another complex variable and I neglected to specify the field (attached) .
What seems strange is that the application compiled without errors in OD. - the exception is thrown at runtime.

""It requires java code but you can always store a reference to the complex in the session properties and retrieve in the module.""
Do you have an example for this? I would like to know.

Thanks
  • [Thumb - myError.JPG]
[Disk] Download
RossYakulis
Things like that happen to everyone. I will work on an example tomorrow and post it.
RossYakulis
In the main look at request begin in the module call, in the module look in untitledservlet.
Filename MainDB.zip [Disk] Download
Filename ModuleDB.zip [Disk] Download
Go to:   
Mobile view