WaleedMuht
Dears,

I'm working on a custom developed application and i need to make some integration with Avaya phone,
Once a call is received, i need to get the caller phone number and open a new webpage adding the phone number as a query string parameter, for example:
http://waleed.com/default.aspx?Phone=0788478466

I don't know where to start, is Avaya Breeze SDK what should i use here? or is there any other SDK? You're help & guidance are much appreciated, Many thanks in advance.
CraigJohnson5
The Engagement Call Control snap-in for Avaya Breeze is certainly something that could do that. My first question though would be what Avaya software do you already have in your environment?
WaleedMuht
Many thanks for your answer Craig,
Currently we have no software's installed, Can i install Call Control snap-in separately or i have to download Avaya Breeze as well?

Please note i'm a .NET developer, not a Java developer.

Thanks.

CraigJohnson5
At the very least Engagement Call Control Snap-in Release 3.1.1 needs:

Avaya Breeze 3.1.1.
Avaya Aura® System Manager 7.0.0.1.
Avaya Aura® Application Enablement Services 6.3.3 with Super patch 5 and higher.
Avaya Aura® Communication Manager Release 6.3.x and higher or 7.0.0.1.

If you are using SIP stations then you also need Session Manager 6.3.8 or later.

Also, refer to the Engagement Call Control Snap-in Reference as it explains what is needed. There are 3 other snap-ins that are required for the Engagement Call Control (ECC) snap-in.

There is also something called Collaboratory. You can sign up for it and be given a dedicated Avaya Breeze test lab for 3 months, where you can work with Avaya Breeze and ECC and make sure it makes sense for what you are trying to do. You can sign up for Collaboratory here.

So you don't have any of the Avaya Software listed above installed?
WaleedMuht
No, unfortunately i don't have any of the above software's installed, Isn't there any easier way to reach my goal of opening a webpage when a call is received at the call center? My system is built over ASP.NET and i prefer to use any .NET SDK's if there is any available.
JoelEzell
Hi Waleed, it sounds like the .NET DMCC SDK for Application Enablement Services might be the ticket for you. I'd suggest you look into that.
WaleedMuht
Hey Joel,
I've took a look inside the DMCC SDK, and yes it's exactly what i need (DMCC Popup sample project is very similar to my requirments), but i found out i don't have "Avaya Enabelement Services" installed and DMCC relies on it.
Is there any other way to achieve the same results without "Avaya Enabelement Services"? I can see the "Avaya one-X Communicator" software working fine on my machine even though i don't have "Avaya Enabelement Services".

Many thanks.
JoelEzell
It's actually "Application Enablement Services". It's a server-side adjunct to Communication Manager, and this server actually underpins the Engagement Call Control API. It's going to be in many existing Avaya deployments. In order to do any sort of "third party call control" like this, you'll need AES.

Let me ask though: is your software meant to run on end users' desktops or is it also a server-based solution? If it runs on desktops, there may be an API you can use on the client side, directly on Communicator. I'll need to ask around to see if such an API still exists; I'm not sure that it does.
WaleedMuht
It's meant to run on client's desktops, Just to monitor each client extension and open a webpage when the client answers a phone call (Simple Call Center).
JoelEzell
OK. Usually, desktop applications do not directly access DMCC/AES. It certainly can be done, but you have to be careful with authentication / authorization. Many applications talk to an intermediate server (e.g. a web server) that then talks to DMCC/AES on the back end.

Do you know what the agent endpoint is going to be? If it's One-X Agent, that endpoint can be configured to do a screen pop with "UUI", which can be used to correlate the HTTP GET with a call in progress.
Go to:   
Mobile view