PrakashN
You have a customer calling in. You want to provide some call treatment and then you want to forward him to a meeting. Not only that, if the meeting has a “meeting id” you need to send those meeting id digits to the forwarded leg of the call, so the customer seamlessly gets forwarded to the meeting. How do you do that with Engagement Designer?

Send DTMF is not an out of the box Engagement Designer task available today. This is when you give the Engagement Designer Dynamic Task Development SDK your organization’s Java developers and ask them to provide you with a fancy Dynamic Task for your peruse.

In this example, I did not write a Send DTMF task, instead, I wrote a “Forward To Meeting” task. This “Forward To Meeting” dynamic task takes in four parameters: Three in the property dialog and input mapping: The Meeting Bridge number, The Meeting ID and an optional Greeting Message. And one only in the Input Mapping: The Call Id or the UCID. The task forwards the intercepted call to the Bridge number first, sends the meeting id as DTMF digits and Voila! The caller is in the meeting!

Once your developers give you this dynamic task and you deploy it in Engagement Designer, you can write a workflow that intercepts the call, provides the call treatment you want and use this task to forward the call to a meeting of your or caller’s choice.

I have built this dynamic task as an svar here for you to download and use directly. And also I have attached my own workflow that uses this task. You can build on top of this simple workflow to add your own logic. For you java developers out there, you can reach out to me and I can provide you the actual source of this task for you to modify. For example, even though I have a greeting message in the properties dialog, I am not using it or playing it in the task. You can modify the task’s behavior by adding a play media while the forwarding to the meeting happens, so that the caller can hear your choice of greeting message.

Once this task is available in Engagement Designer, you can actually come up with your own use cases. Instead of intercepting a call and forwarding it to the meeting, you can actually call your customers and they can be forwarded to the meeting if they wish. The possibilities are endless!

I invite more such use cases for this task for an interesting discussion on this topic! Thanks!

Please note that while the Dynamic Task SDK used to build the attachments in this post, is an officially released and fully supported Avaya product, these attachments by themselves - the dynamic task svar, workflow xml and jpg image - are not officially released, fully supported Avaya products and they are provided "as-is" in this forum. You can download, use and modify them freely as you like, with the agreement that they are not officially supported.

Filename FwdToMeet.xml [Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - FwdToMeetWorkflowImage.jpg]
[Disk] Download
Filename ForwardToMeeting-1.0.0.0.0.svar [Disk] Download

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Vishal-Avaya
Prakash
Great sample and a good example of how to augment existing capability.
This task will work with any conferencing system - right.
Go to:   
Mobile view