MuthuR
Hi,

I want to do some action, if the call disconnected abruptly in CTI application.

How to do that using EMC SDK? Is there any event available I can make use of it.

Please guide me.

Thanks
MartinFlynn
TSAPI (and therefore, presumably, the EMC SDK) does not support the CallCleared event for Device monitors. Therefore, you will need to use the CSTAConnectionCleared events. These will tell you what connection is dropping from a call.

Martin
MuthuR
Thanks for your valuable reply.

Yes I used the CSTAConnectionCleared event in my code, but this event fires only if i hangup (normally) the call from my CTI. This event is not firing on below scenario

1) If the call gets dropped abruptly due to network failure or any other reason at that time, this event not fires.

Is there any event available to handle these scenario?

Thanks
MartinFlynn
If your device monitor does not give you an event in those circumstances then maybe a monitor on the call will.

When your application detects a call (e.g. the device monitor receives a Delivered event), it can start a monitor on the call using ASXMLClient.CSTAMonitorStart(CSTAConnectionID CallObject, enMonitorType MonitorType, CSTAMonitorFilter MonitorFilter). This may send an event e.g. a CSTACallCleared.

You would need to test this to be sure.

BTW, many of the events that the EMC generates are actually TSAPI events from AE Services. Therefore, the document "TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager Programmer's Reference" can be very useful. It gives a lot of details on the circumstances that cause events and the meanings of the parameters.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view