PrakashN
Today, there is no out of the box task type in Avaya Engagement Designer that sends DTMF digits to a specified leg of a call. That warrants a Dynamic Task to accomplish this functionality.

This dynamic task I have written gets the digits to send as a property input in the dialog box; this can also be input mapped. Along with this, there are two other input mapping parameters as well - one for the UCID (call id) of the call; and the second one for the handle (DNIS) of the party to whom the digits must be sent. This task uses the Breeze API to send the digits.

I have attached the .svar of the task type with this post which you can download and install directly in your Engagement Designer 3.1.0.2 or later. The task shows up in the existing "Telephony Communications" drawer. If you like this task built for earlier versions of Engagement Designer, please reach out to me or respond to the thread.

Now to the interesting part of this post: What use cases can we cook up using this handy little task in Engagement Designer? The answer: Wherever you want to send DTMF - you can use this task. Here is a very intriguing use case:

You can use Make 2 Party call, Get Called Party Task (or Get Calling Party - depending on how you configure the Make Call task), and this Send DTMF task combined in a workflow... and that can make a two party call to 'someone' on one side, and call a meeting bridge number on the other side and send the meeting id to the bridge leg, using Get Called Party (or Get Calling Party) and this Send DTMF task; that 'someone' gets automatically connected to the meeting! And if you 'schedule' this workflow to run on certain times (which is a topic for another post later!), what is the result of this workflow? If I am that 'someone' in the above scenario, my phone rings at a scheduled time, and when I answer that, I am in my meeting automatically, which I am supposed to dial into at that time.

How COOL is that??

Please see another related post in this link below, where I discuss a similar topic with a different dynamic task: http://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/19599.page

Questions, discussions, improvisations to this dynamic task are welcome!

Please note that while the Dynamic Task SDK used to build the attachments in this post, is an officially released and fully supported Avaya product, these attachments by themselves - the dynamic task svar and the workflow xml - are not officially released, fully supported Avaya products and they are provided "as-is" in this forum. You can download, use and modify them freely as you like, with the agreement that they are not officially supported.

Filename SendDTMFExample.xml [Disk] Download
Filename SendDigits-1.0.0.0.0.svar [Disk] Download

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Go to:   
Mobile view