lefteris
Hi,

I am trying to test "startVoiceXMLDialog" according to "SampleVoiceXMLDialog" from EDP 3.1.1 API.
EPD 3.1.1 , AMS 7.7 and System Manager 7 are installed. I can play any anouncements using Media Server without any issues. But I cannot test VoiceXML at all.

"SpeechFactory.createSpeechService().startVoiceXMLDialog" does not return any values and listener's "dialogEvent" function is never invoked. No errors or any other indications can be seem in logs. Everything stops before calling startVoiceXMLDialog.

What I am missing here? Does everyone else has this problem?

According to documentation, use of the VoiceXMLDialog portion of the API does not require the Real-Time Speech snap-in to be
installed. I just want to start a vxml dialog with recorded wavs without having ASR or TTS. Is that possible?

Kind Regards

BobBraudes
Does your call listener implement VoiceXMLDialogListener (possibly in addition to CallListener)? If not, this is likely your problem.

Thanks,
Bob
lefteris
Hi ,

Yes it does. My call listener implements VoiceXMLDialogDesigner.
The problem is that there is not any indication of failure or success. It is very strange.

Regards
lefteris
Also I can see that VoiceXMLDialogListener constructor is invoked and after that nothing happens.

BobBraudes
Do you have access to the AAMS console? If so, does that show the request coming into the media server?
JoelEzell
Hi, can you please try creating a different object that implements VoiceXMLDialogListener? Since the CallListener lifecycle is managed by the container, it's generally not a good idea to use that object for other interfaces. I'm not sure that this will make a difference with the problem that you're having, but please do give it a try.
lefteris
Hi ,

I have access to AMS and I cannot see any requests. I can successfuly use Media Factory to play announcements and collect digits without any issues. While using media I can see active sessions in Monitoring as I can also see requests to AMS using traceCE in edp.
But when I am using voiceXML I cannot see any active sessions or requests to AMS. Can you help me to find out what I am missing here? If the problem was in AMS I couldn't play any announcements or collect digits. So what is happening? What is the difference when trying to use VoiceXML? VoiceXML interpreters are enabled. I have read documentation over and over without find something for this issue. I have also created a different object that implements VoiceXMLDialogListener but result is the same.

Regards,
JoelEzell
Quick sanity check, have you looked at the logs for the platform (ce dlogv) and your snap-in (ce dlogv yourSnapinName) to see if there are any Exceptions or ERROR logs that might explain the problem?
lefteris
I have updated EDP and AMS to latest releases and it seems that now I can use VoiceXML. So it seems that there was a problem with previous versions of edp, ams and services. Do you know how can I use wavs from AMS?
I am using paths like "cstore://filename?ns=namespace&cg=group" where ns = namespace and cg=content group but it is not working.
Do you know how can I play wavs from ams using vxml?

Regards,

BobBraudes
First, happy to hear things are working. Yes, you should be able to fetch from cstore using VoiceXML. What error are you getting?

Thanks,
Bob
lefteris
Vxml file is located under war/../webapp folder. If I put the wav in the same folder and write

<audio src = "wavFile.wav"/> in vxml , I can see in ams vxmliDebug log that is calling

Token[00]='[play,fast,0,,-1,-1] https://edp_security_module_ip/services/MyService/fileWav.wav'...

which I can hear it without any issues.

But when I am trying to use ams content store in vxml like below

<audio src = "cstore://wavFile?ns=myNamespace&cg=myCG"/>

then I am getting

The audio server play prefetch failed [Folder:(Prefetch:"[prefetch,safe,0,,-1,-1] https://edp_security_module_ip/services/MyService/cstore://fileWav?ns=myNamespace&cg=myCG"):URL does not exist]

which actually does not exist and so I am not hearing it.

How can I use vxml <audio src=""> element to play a wav from ams content store?

Regards,

BobBraudes
Sorry for the delay but I was researching the syntax. We have one suggestion:

builtin://mas/cstore/contentgrp/contentid?ns=namespace
BobBraudes
sorry, I was trying to add a tab and the message got posted. I have not had the opportunity to test this myself, so please let me know if you run into any issues.

Regards,
Bob
lefteris
Thank you, it's working.
Do you know how can I return a value from VXML and catch it with doEvent of voiceXMLDialogListener?
<return namelist="myvar"/> it's for vxml subdialogs. But what if I want to return a vxml var in Java and do something with it?

Regards,
BobBraudes
Here is a code snippet that may help:

public void dialogEvent(UUID requestId, Map<String, Object> names,
VoiceXMLDialogCause cause) {
logger.finest("dialogEvent ENTER, cause is " + cause
+ " request ID = " + requestId);

final Call call = VxmlCallData.getCallByRequestId(requestId);
if (names != null) {
logger.finest("names is not null");

final StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
for (String key : names.keySet()) {
sb.append("\n\t" + key + " " + names.get(key));
}

String songName = sb.toString().replace("song%24.utterance ", "");
songName = songName
.replace("msml.dialog.exit msml.dialog.exit", "");

logger.info(";" + date + ";" + songName + ";" + call.getUCID()
+ ";" + count + ";" + requestId);
logger.finest("Publishing event");
sendEvent(songName + "," + call.getUCID());
} else {
logger.info("names is null");
}
... other stuff ...
}

Thanks,
Bob
Go to:   
Mobile view