Andrew.Prokop
For weeks I have been using the Eclipse Breeze plug-in to build and deploy my Snap-Ins. I would choose the option that that builds and deploys without SMGR. Late last week it stopped working and I get an error dialog box that simply says "Deployment." For a while I could build using the SMGR option, but that has stopped working, too.

Is this a known problem? Do you know how I can fix it?

P.S. Some extra information. I am now being told that my credentials are incorrect. These are the same credentials I have been using for weeks and I haven't made any changes to the plug-in since I originally configured it. I can use the the exact same user ID and password to log into SMGR, but they don't appear to be working with the Breeze plug-in. I tried to create a new workspace and get the same problem when I setup the plug-in.

So, something is different even though I didn't do anything.
Andrew.Prokop
Okay...I went back into the plug-in, put in a bad password for SMGR, let it fail, put in the good password (the one that was previously there), and then reconfigured my breeze server with its password (again, the same as before) and now it works again.

Clearly there is something flaky about the plug-in, but I am able to brute force my way around it. At least for now....
JoelEzell
Thanks for letting us know, Andrew. I'm sorry that you ran into this problem, and I'll definitely pass this feedback to the developers responsible for the plugin.

I also wanted to check and see: are you aware of the mechanism to manually deploy snap-ins on the Breeze command line?
Andrew.Prokop
I am not aware of the manual method, Joel, and would love to hear about it.

I really like using the plug-in, but a backup would be nice.

For the plug-in developer....my guess is that forcing the SMGR connection to fail before re-entering the working login information caused it to reset whatever bad state it was in. How it got there I have no idea.
JoelEzell
You can find the manual snap-in update mechanism described in our snap-in developer guide: http://www.devconnectprogram.com/media/global/products_resources/avaya_breeze/3_1_1/development_guide/index.html

Look at the first few sections under "Developing the service". Let me know if you have any questions.

I agree that it's very strange that you got into that strange situation with your plugin and that it was resolved by breaking the connection with SMGR. We'll definitely look into that.
JoelEzell
Hi Andrew, can you please provide us with the Eclipse workbench log file at ~\workspace\.metadata\.log ? You can post it as an attachment.

Thanks!
Andrew.Prokop
Let me know if you don't get it.
Filename .log [Disk] Download
JoelEzell
Got it, thanks!
Go to:   
Mobile view