Andrew.Prokop
I am having difficulty creating a workflow that detects a dropped call. I set the Call Policy to NO_PARTICIPANT_REMAINS after I do a Make Call. Later in the workflow, I create an Event as follows:

Event Family: Call
Event Type: PARTICIPANT_DROPPED
Event Version: 1.0

I follow that with an Exclusive Gateway with the Condition:

StartSchema["CalledPartyHandle"] == Receive1_Output_1["eventingParty"]["handle"]

Recieve_Output_1 is the object created by Receive.

The workflow moves along until it gets to the Receive tool. It then stays there even after the called party drops.

Any idea as to why this might be happening? Why isn't the workflow progressing beyond Receive? Thanks!
Vishal-Avaya
Andrew, Can you post the Workflow exported from the Designer?
Andrew.Prokop
Here you go. I have a custom event that supplies the caller and called numbers. From there it's Make Call, Set Call Properties, Prompt, Receive, Gateway...
Filename MakeCallDemo.xml [Disk] Download
Andrew.Prokop
By the way, I tried this with a Call Intercept workflow and have the same problem. In that one I look to see when the caller drops. I will attach it, as well.
Filename EDIncomingTest.xml [Disk] Download
PrakashN
Hi Andy,

On the Receive task, can you add a Criterion? I see that you haven't selected one there. In this case, you would like to capture the participant dropped event for this "Instance" of the workflow, so that when the event occurs for this instance, it gets caught by the same instance. Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Prakash.

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Andrew.Prokop
Prakash,

I added a Criterion of Instance and it still gets stuck in Receive.
Vishal-Avaya
Andy
Enclosed is the same workflow with Receive task specifying "Criterion" - "Call".
Criterion is the option to correlate which "specific call" (UCID) you are listening for "Drop Call" on.
This is how you ignore all other drop call events except the one created by this workflow.

Thanks
Vishal
Filename MakeCallDemo-Fixed.xml [Disk] Download
PrakashN
Yes, Thanks Vishal...That is what I meant to mention in my reply... it should be "Call" not "Instance". Sorry Andy for the mistyping...

And also Andy, Further looking at the workflow, when you catch the Participant Dropped Event in the Receive task, you are doing a Make Call again. If you want your party to be called back into the same call, you should use an "Add Participant" using the UCID from the first Make Call task. That way, you can bring back the party to the same call once again...

My labs are acting up today... I will see if I can make that workflow and attach to this topic in the forum. Thanks!

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Andrew.Prokop
Thanks again! It works perfectly.

Btw...it's Andrew and not Andy. :-)
Go to:   
Mobile view