Andrew.Prokop
I want to integrate my WFD with a web service that requires two headers:

"Accept": "application/json",
"x-auth-token": "69c7021b46cb066a5d2e54b222796f96bbd58d428335e35c61960cd5f8b1a10b"

I expect that the Accept for json is not going to be an issue since I am already receiving that from other ED WFDs. However, I cannot find a way to add the x-auth-token header plus the associated value.

Is there any way to do this with ED? I expect that there will be other web services that need to use similar headers for authentication purposes.

Thanks!
PrakashN
Andrew,

You can use the Custom headers using the property. Here is the exerpt from the online help.

"Customized Headers (Optional)– Customized Headers in the HTTP Request.

The headers can be added in this box, separated by commas. For example, x-transactionid,x-session-id,x-stylecode. The parameter name of the header value will be automatically created in the name of the header and added into the Input Schema when the Retrieve button is clicked. You can see it/them in the input mapping."

Does this help?

- Prakash.

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Andrew.Prokop
I am still confused. I clicked on the ED on-line help from within the CallREST Service task and I don't see what you are referencing. I am also not sure what you mean by "this box." Exactly which box are you referring to? I don't see anything in the task that gives me any indication I can define custom headers. I see:

Rest URI
Request method
HTTP authentication
User name
Password
Content Type
Payload

Sorry for being so obtuse, but it's just not jumping out at me.
PrakashN
Sorry Andrew... I think I see what is going on. The Custom Header is introduced in a later release... later than what you have in your Collaboratory. The new release has the following list of properties for Call REST Service task:

Rest URI:
Request method:
HTTP authentication:
User name:
Password:
Customized headers:
Content type:
Payload:
Input schema:
Return schema:
Output schema:

As you can see above, there is this "Customized headers" property introduced. And the help text I gave in my previous reply is from that newer release. We will look into the options for how we can upgrade you to start using the later release to take advantage of this feature... Thanks!

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Andrew.Prokop
An upgrade would be great! I have a very big opportunity to demo a Breeze Snap-In integrated with an IoT web service that uses custom headers.
JoelEzell
Another approach you could consider is to create a dynamic task type to invoke the web service. You might find that this is useful anyway in cases where the return value from the web service is complex. Have you investigated dynamic task types? They're very powerful and useful. We have an SDK on DevConnect for creating them.

Let us know if you decide to try it out and have problems compiling. We may have some issues with the archetype in the SDK. I'm planning to work with the team on those in the coming days.
Andrew.Prokop
I would like to know more about creating dynamic tasks, but I am still very interested in how I might get our lab upgraded.
ValerieH
Hello Andrew,
I will work with the R&D team to either update your collaboratory lab to include the version with customer headers in the CallREST task, or provide you with an equivalent dynamic task if that is more expedient. I or a member of the team will reach out to you shortly with more details.

Regards,
-Valerie
Andrew.Prokop
That would be great, Valerie. As I said, I have a hot use for this.
Go to:   
Mobile view