DanielB
Hello,

User has a 96xx deskPhone.

Incoming call:
An external number (lets say 0123456789) calls the user.
The SnapIn makes an callIntercepted and sets the displayName for 0123456789.
This works fine.

Outgoing call:
The user dials 0123456789 on his phone.
The SnapIn makes an callIntercepted and sets the displayName for 0123456789.
The name is not displayed on the deskPhone of the user.

Is the outgoing scenario supported by Avaya Breeze?

Regards,
Daniel Bonneval
JoelEzell
Daniel, let me make sure I understand the desired behavior. Let's assign the traditional Alice / Bob names for this outbound case. I think this is the scenario:
- Alice is an enterprise user with a 96x0 desk phone.
- Alice calls Bob at 0123456789
- You'd like for Alice's display (as the calling party) to show "Bob" (rich caller ID) rather than 0123456789

Is that right? If so, you can't use exactly the same code as on the inbound case. For inbound, you set the presented identity on the calling participant. For outbound, you'll need to set the presented identity on the called participant.

Let us know if that helps!
DanielB
Hello Joel,

your scenario is correct.
I use following code:

Inbound:

Participant callingParty = call.getCallingParty();
callingParty.setPresentedDisplayName(name);

Outbound

Participant calledParty = call.getCalledParty();
calledParty.setPresentedDisplayName(name);

At the end the code is exactly the same only the participant is differnet (callingParty vs calledParty).
Unfortunately the outbound code is not changing the presented displayName on Alice`s phone.
RobertFavero
Hi, Daniel,

Joel is unavailable to answer questions on the forum today, so I'll be attempting to assist you with the situation you have described.

A couple other people on our team and I have attempted to reproduce the condition you have described. We did find a scenario that sounds similar to your situation.

Based on what I understand so far, I am assuming that you are doing calledParty.setPresentedDisplayName(name) in the callIntercepted method of your CallListener class. Is that correct? If so, could you instead add the method callAlerting(Participant alertingParty) to your CallListener class and invoke alertingParty.setPresentedDisplayName(name) from inside this method? If that does not work, could you then add the method callAnswered(Call call) to your CallListener and invoke call.getAnsweringParty().setPresentedDisplayName(name) in the new callAnswered method?

Let me know if one of these changes works for you, and then I can explain what is going on.

DanielB
Setting the displayName in the callAlerting or the callAnswered is working.

Unfortunately it is not working for the callIntercepted which would give us a lot better user experience.

Thanks for your help :thumbup:
WendyKearney
Posted on behalf of RobertFavero:

Daniel,

I'm glad to hear this is working for you. Also, thank you for the feedback about how being able to set the value in callIntercepted would be a better user experience. I know we will keep it in mind and consider if there might be a way at some point to improve the experience.

The typical reason that one would see the behavior you saw is the following. When Bob's phone sends a response of alerting (ringing) to the initial request to set up the call, the extension number of Bob passed back in Bob's response can be different than that of the original called party. It might be a small difference, like the addition of a plus sign (+) at the start of the extension. Or in some complex scenarios the difference might be large. A difference of this sort might also occur between the alerting phase and the answered phase.

As a result, the called party, alerting party, and answering party might be different in ways that matter to an application. Making those distinctions visible to an application has the effect where the presented name must be set on the alerting party and/or the answering party.
Go to:   
Mobile view