MichaelReynolds [Avatar]

I am just beginning my Breeze journey. Can I use the Eclipse NEON IDE for breeze development? What is the latest release of MAVEN that I can use with BREEZE?

Michael Reynolds mike.reynolds@realpage.com (864) 272-3541
Amit.Mishra
Hi Michael,
We would like to know which Breeze SDK are you using for Breeze Development?

Breeze SDK 3.1.1 or Breeze SDK 3.2?

Thanks,
Amit.
NicholasKwiatkowski [Avatar]
MichaelReynolds wrote:I am just beginning my Breeze journey. Can I use the Eclipse NEON IDE for breeze development? What is the latest release of MAVEN that I can use with BREEZE?

I use JetBrain's IntelliJ IDEA for all of my Breeze development.

You will still need to download the SDK, and install Java and Maven. Launch the installer to import the maven artifacts into your maven registry. When the installer asks to install the Eclipse plugin, just hit no.

When in IDEA, you can create a new project, and select the Maven Project type. You will need to add the new archetype Group ID of :
com.avaya.zephyr.sdk
ArchetypeartifactID of
service-archetype
and version
(assuming you are using the latest SDK). You will need to add properties "serviceName" and "serviceVersion" by hand (these are the properties that are displayed in SMGR). Past that, maven will work just fine and build your SVARs as you expect.

Make sure your Java compiler is set to version 1.7. I screwed up at first and had it at 1.8, which caused a bunch of errors after I deployed the SVAR.

--------------------------- Nick Kwiatkowski Michigan State University, Telecom Systems Planning and Engineering Team Adj. Professor of Media and Information Studies
Amit.Mishra
Thanks Nicholas.

Michael,
I would just emphasize what Nicholas said - Use 1.8 JRE to just launch Neon and then set the compiler setting to use JDK 1.7 and then deploy your apps on Breeze. We have not tested this in lab for Breeze SDK 3.1.1.1 but should work based on our experience with Breeze 3.2.

Thanks,
Amit.
Muradin
I have problems installing the Avaya-Breeze-SDK. I get the following error:

====================
Accept above End User License Agreement(EULA)? (Y/N) y
Do you want to install eclipse Plugin for Avaya Breeze[y/n]:y
Enter eclipse Install Directory [c:\eclipse\]:C:\yoyo\eclipseCE\eclipse\
Install_Path=C:\yoyo\eclipseCE\Avaya-Breeze-SDK\
1 file(s) copied.
'jar' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the file C:\yoyo\eclipseCE\Avaya-Breeze-SDK\\tmp\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF.
"Release Bundle Version is :: "
"MAJOR_VERSION: "
"MINOR_VERSION: "
"MICRO_VERSION: "
"QUALIFIER: "
"QUALIFIER_VERSION: "
"RELEASE: "
"Plug-in already deployed checking for Bundle Version"
The system cannot find the file specified.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
'jar' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the file C:\yoyo\eclipseCE\Avaya-Breeze-SDK\\tmp\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF.
DEPLOYED Bundle Version is ::
DEPLOYED_MAJOR_VERSION:
DEPLOYED_MINOR_VERSION:
DEPLOYED_MICRO_VERSION:
DEPLOYED_QUALIFIER:
DEPLOYED_QUALIFIER_VERSION:
DEPLOYED_RELEASE:
( was unexpected at this time.
=============================

I am using Avaya Breeze SDK 3.1.1.1.311103.zip
Eclipse is eclipse-java-helios-SR1-win32.zip
maven = apache-maven-3.2.1

what kan i do to solve this issue
CraigJohnson5
Sounds like the same issue as this forum thread: Click here.

Let us know if that helps you resolve this.
Muradin
The problem is solved. you need to add the JDK bin directory in the windows PATH environment variable ==>
I just added this line in the PATH variable:

PATH=%PATH%\; C:\yoyo\eclipseCE\apache-maven-3.2.1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_101\bin\

Here are my findings with regard to the installation of breeze SDK on a Windows 7 system:

1. Eclipse x64 version does not work on a windows 7 x64bit OS. --> install exclipse 32bit.
2. install also jdk 32bit (I have used the lasted version jdk1.8.0_101)
3. add the bin directory in the PATH variable --> PATH=%PATH%\; C:\yoyo\eclipseCE\apache-maven-3.2.1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_101\bin\

one remark: Normally I use an windows 7 system in our lap-environment with no internet access.
But the breeze-sdk installation will not work, since it need internet connection.
This is strange, since customers will have also a Test environment with no internet access.

but thanks you all for your support

Go to:   
Mobile view