JulioFr
Hello,

I would like to know if the Avaya Co-Browsing solution will work for an Angular app. Angular is about extending HTML with custom tags, but according to the Co Browsing Snap-in documentation, only some standard HTML5 tags are supported...

If my custom Angular directives/components end up rendering supported HTML5 tags, will co browsing work?

Thanks,
Kind Regards
GauravR
Hello Julio,

Avaya Co-Browsing solution with supported HTML5 elements will work for an Angular app. Cobrowse Client SDK has to customize to support custom tags.

Regards,
Gaurav
JulioFr
Hello Gaurav, thanks for the response but it opened new questions...How can I customize client SDK for supporting custom tags? The documentation explains how to deal with the JS part, but it doesn't mention anything about customizing HTML.

Thanks again,
Kind Regards
MMay
I am also interested in the response to this last question as well. Thanks in advance for any information on Avaya's support of custom HTML tags.
GauravR
What is the HTML element type of custom tags? could you please elaborate DOM tree structure?

Regards,
Gaurav
MMay
Thank you for the response! We are using AngularJS components which allows you to create essentially new HTML elements. This page gives an example of exactly what we are doing. Scroll down to "Creating an configuring a Component" In the example shown, <hero detai> is the custom HTML element/tag. Please see the attached image. Hopefully that gives you more information about custom HTML elements/tags.
  • [Thumb - custom-tag.PNG]
[Disk] Download
Go to:   
Mobile view