YoshihikoTashiro
Dear Breeze experts,

I would like to know what URL to invoke an 'HTTP Request' type workflow, such as 'Send Email', one of the sample workflows described in 'Getting Started with Avaya Engagement Designer'.

Assume that I deploy it with the service name 'SendEmail' on 'breeze.avaya.com', what URL should external web pages or other external applications specify in order to invoke the workflow?

Thank you in advance,
PrakashN
Hello Tashiro-san,

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for:

URL: https://<EDP FQDN>/services/EngagementDesigner/wf/Admin/createInstance
Method type: POST
Headers: Application/JSON
Body: {customer:"customer",imessage:"{\"input parameter name\":\"input parameter value\"}",iprocess:"<name of your workflow>",workflowversion:"1"}

Few notes:
- This should come from the same browser where you have logged on to Engagement Designer or SMGR. Because this needs a valid SSO cookie to succeed.

- The "Body" portion above has this section called "imessage". That should contain all the parameters separated by comma in JSON format with escaped double quotes using backslash like in the above example.

Please let me know if this is what you need. I would be happy to help further.

- Prakash.

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
TomohiroNagasaki
Hi Praksash,

Thank you for your advice!
I am Tomohiro and Tashiro-san is my colleague.

I can successfully call a WorkFlow via Web Service.

My workflow does not have input parameter.

So my request is as follows:

==
POST /services/EngagementDesigner/wf/Admin/createInstance HTTP/1.1
Host: xxx.avaya.com
Content-Type: application/json
Cache-Control: no-cache

{ customer:"customer", imessage: "{}", iprocess:"MakeCall", workflowversion:"1" }
==

If you know any documentation describing above, please let me know.

Thank you,

Tomohiro
KoenTielens2
Hello,

How can I invoke a workflow I created through Postman?

Can I combine it with an access_token that I received through https://xxxx:9443/services/AuthorizationService/token?

The goals is to create an instance of the workflow as part of a server side program. If not the below URL what are the ways to do this server side?

Kind regards, Koen

ValerieH
The event catalog entry is the key: once you deploy a workflow using a cataloged event schema, that workflow can be invoked quite simply with a web service post from Postman or other. The POST should be directed to the breeze server event framework url like this:

https://<Breeze_Server_Address>/services/EventingConnector/events

The sample schema below "family": "Notification", "type": "OnePartyNotify" and was used to build a workflow that receives variables as inputs: the contact phone number, channel type, the message to play (if channel = voice) or text (if channel = sms), and a payload variable.

Event Schema:
{"title":"NotifySchema","type":"object","properties":{"contactPhone":{"type":"string"},"channel":{"type":"string"},"message":{"type":"string"},"payload":{"type":"string"}}}

The behavior of the workflow is to call or sms the contactPhone and play or sms the message provided. It would be triggered by a REST POST in application/json format to https://<Breeze_Server_Address>/services/EventingConnector/events with a Body like the one below:

{
"family": "Notification",
"type": "OnePartyNotify",
"version": "1",
"eventBody":
{
"contactPhone":"YourPhoneNumber",
"channel":"voice_or_sms",
"message":"your_message",
"payload":"user_variable_future"
}
}

You should see a 200 OK response from the breeze server when you post an event trigger, and an instance of the matching workflow will start to run right away and should be seen on ED;Admin;Instances. Feel free to send me a direct message if you would like the actual URL of the lab on which this workflow is hosted.

Stanley114
Create workflows that send HTTP requests to external web servers, API endpoints, and URLs.
Pomerleau147
Select one of HTTP methods. In the URL field, specify the URL of the server. If you need to pass parameters in your URL, then specify them in the Headers table YourTexasBenefits.
Go to:   
Mobile view