tsoi.jon
Hi there,

I'm trying to develop a web app that can search and filter for phones based on DN, name, and other various fields. Essentially, the function would be similar to using the CS 1000 Element Manager to look up phones.

My issue is figuring out a way for a third-party application to get a list of phones. My initial research into Avaya gave me a couple of options, both of them beyond my current understanding:

- Use ODBC database drivers and connect to the Avaya Call Manager System (CMS). Impossible since we don't actually have CMS (I think).
- Use web service APIs in CS 1000, as described in this documentation: http://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100170583

I'm trying out the second option so far, but I can't get even get started. To use the web services, I need to download the provided .wsdl file, but I can't find them. The documentation says I can get them at https://<servername>/bccWebService_1_0/BccWebService.secure?wsdl, but when I put what I think is the server name, I get sent to a login page instead.

The thing is, the only "system" I actually know is the Avaya Aura System Manager 6.2 web interface. I was given a username and password, and I have to figure out the rest for myself. I used the server name that we use to log into the System Manager, but that's not the right one. I found the CS1000 Element Manager by accident under Services/UCM Services, but that's the only useful info I currently have besides documentation.

TLDR; I know virtually nothing about Avaya, but I have a username and password to the System Manager. What information do I need to gather to get phones for a third-party application?
GirishSolapur
Hi,
Do you also have an ACE machine with you? Or only CS1K? If only CS1K, then I guess you will have to post this to the CS1K forum.
tsoi.jon
Would ACE be considered a separately installed element in the System Manager? If it is, I'm pretty sure we don't actually have one. If that's the wrong place to look, then I'm not even sure. I was under the (probably false) impression that ACE was a feature that would have come installed already when we bought the Avaya phone system +5 years ago.

So it's probably off to the CS1000 forums for me. This is going to sound even dumber, but where is it? None of the forum boards seem dedicated to CS1000, and the closest might be the Avaya Aura® Basic Development Environment Forum.
  • [Thumb - sys_manager_capture.png]
[Disk] Download
tblack2200
I'm trying to do the same thing. Did you ever find an answer to your question?
tsoi.jon
Sorry tblack, I never really did find out. Fortunately (or unfortunately?), the project I was working on didn't go anywhere and we decided it wasn't worth pursuing it. I can only wish you luck in your searches.
Go to:   
Mobile view