Andrew.Prokop
Moving from Breeze forum...

I am confused as to where to set the version for a dynamic task. I changed version number to 1.0.0.0.1 in the top level pom.xml, rebuilt with mvn clean package, and it still creates an svar with the previous version (1.0.0.0.0).

<properties>
<serviceName>ArrowTask</serviceName>
<serviceVersion>1.0.0.0.1</serviceVersion>
<checkstyle.version>2.2</checkstyle.version>
</properties>

I went into the pom.xml under task-snapin-svar and found that it always seems to want to create an svar with 1.0.0.0.0.

<destFileName>ArrowTask-1.0.0.0.0.svar</destFileName>

I then read in the build document that there is snapinVersion in tasks.json.

"snapinVersion": "3.0",

That seems to have no bearing on the 1.0.0.0.0 version of the svar.

So, what is the right way to change version so my next dynamic task is not the same version as the previous?

Thanks!
PrakashN
Andrew,

This just came to my attention as this was posted in Breeze forum earlier...

I can understand that there are too many version numbers in the poms.

The destFileName tag is for the .svar file name only. You will get "ArrowTask-1.0.0.0.svar" as your deployment artifact. In the same pom file, there are two tags: "serviceName" and "serviceVersion". These determine what will be the name of the service (of the dynamic task) that shows up in System Manager and the version number. This is what you need to change to make a different version.

Please sit tight... these things are getting bit easier in 3.2 release. :) For now, change the above-said tags and you should be good to go. Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!

- Prakash.

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
adomanim1
Ah, I messed up the documentation there. It seems you can't use $(rev) outside the build number format.
Because I always have another input for my version numbering so I didn't get caught by this.

For now, the quickest ways to get this working is one of these 2 options:

Use another variable with a version number (without revision)
Change the build number format to 1.0.1$(Rev:.r), and set the version number in the task to $(Build.BuildNumber)
Go to:   
Mobile view