ATGracey
Is there a list of 3.2 changes that are expected?

I'm just wondering if I need to stall a bit before really pushing forward on development or if a lot of my work will have to change anyways.

Thank you
PrakashN
You can start your development work on workflows and stuff if you like. The changes made in 3.2 are backward compatible, so you should be able to save and reuse almost all of your work in earlier releases. As soon as 3.2 is available for you, you can upgrade all your work to the 3.2 Engagement Designer.

Please let us know what is the development work you are planning on doing on 3.1 right now. We will be able to guide you through the upgrade process if necessary. Thanks!

- Prakash.

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
ATGracey
At this point it's exploratory but I am looking at primarily building custom tasks.
PrakashN
As far as custom tasks are concerned, the idea and the steps are all almost the same between 3.1 and 3.2 releases. In 3.2 there is a major step forward in removing the OSGi dependency for build custom tasks. Even though this is considered as a major change in 3.2, the steps for producing the custom tasks is almost identical. There is a small difference in the way you will deploy your custom tasks into Engagement Designer. But again, all the work done in 3.2 is backward compatible anyway. So even if you have started your development of your custom tasks, gone far ahead, it is easy to convert them into the newer model and also the backward compatibility left in 3.2 ensures you can still use the same custom task you developed for 3.1.

So I would recommend you can start your work with 3.1, but as soon as you get a chance to migrate to 3.2, I would recommend to do so - that will get you the latest and greatest. Thanks!

- Prakash.

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Go to:   
Mobile view