Andrew.Prokop
I was hoping to get some more information about setting properties in dynamic task. In the document, I see:

properties: All the properties that display in the task properties window.

Can you be more specific as to what that means and perhaps give an example of what it would look like?

Also, I am really unclear about what the document says about displayProperties. Again, an example would be useful. Like properties, there isn't one in the document.

Thanks!
PrakashN
Andrew,

May I know which document do you have for writing your dynamic task? I see that there is a table with the title "Task properties description" that explains all the tags that can be used in tasks.json to build your dynamic task. I am not sure if you are missing something there... This is in page 12 of the document. We can connect and speak online if you need more assistance in understanding the task properties. Please let me know. Thanks!

- Prakash.

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Andrew.Prokop
That is the document I am using. However, I find that the following doesn't explain something like displayProperties all that well:

JSON definition of indicating what is shown in the
display tile of the activity. There are two subsections:
mapping and properties. If a mapping is available for
the input schema variable 'mediauri', it will be used
as the display value for the property "Media-URI"
defined in the task type. The 'properties' section
indicates that if there are no mappings done, then
the content of the first available property from this list
will show in the tile display.

I also find this description of properties to be very vague:

All the properties that display in the task properties
window.

I would love to see examples to understand what I am supposed to enter for those fields. And yes, I am very interested in speaking if that helps.

One more thing, I am still struggling with uploading a new version of my dynamic task. It always seems to lock things up (the new snap-in gets stuck in Installing). I am once again rebooting my cluster to get things back to a working state.
PrakashN
Andrew,

May be we should get into a 30 minute call or something so that I can get you kick started with the task development work. Please let me know if 10:30 to 11:00 PST tomorrow works for you and I will send you a Scopia meeting invite.

Regarding your other question about your task stuck in installing state, yes, I see the other question in the forum as well, but I am waiting to get the access details from our collab team to be able to get in and look at what is going on. Please hold and I will try to access your collab to look at what is going on. And may be we can talk about that as well in the call when we meet tomorrow. Thanks!

- Prakash.

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Andrew.Prokop
12:30 CST works for me. Thanks.
JoelEzell
One other thing for others that might read this thread: the "Creating Dynamic Tasks" document included in the 3.1.0.2 SDK is somewhat stale. The separately downloadable version on DevConnect is more recent and fills in a few holes. You can access this version here:
http://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/35878ed1-2b33-473e-ac57-ab4bf19e4bec (PDF)

or here:
http://www.devconnectprogram.com/media/global/products_resources/engagement_designer/3_1/creating_tasks/index.html (HTML)
Andrew.Prokop
Thank you, Joel. This document is MUCH better than the previous version. The example is very helpful.
Go to:   
Mobile view