CarverAnderson
I'd like to make a snap-in for the store that simply answers a call, validates a pin (set in Attributes), and allows a DTMF choice (ie-1-5) and then does a post to my REST API. This is trivial to do as a Workflow, but I need to be able to build this as a snap-in for the store that can be shown on the ED toolbar. Is this currently possible (I'm using ED 3.2), or will this have to be done as a more complicated dynamic task or service to get a "real" snap-in? Thanks!
PrakashN
Anderson,

From the description you have provided, you don't need a dynamic task. You can build a simple workflow with the out of the box tasks in Engagement Designer and accomplish what you need.

Here is what you will need:

Call Intercept --> Ask to punch in the pin using Play and Collect --> Validate the pin by reading from a database (or something similar) --> Make a decision about the validity of the pin (Exclusive Gateway) --> On valid, go to the second Play and Collect for the choice of 1-5 and move on to your REST, on Invalid, play a different message and forward the call to a specific extension --> End the flow.

This is the typical flow you are describing. You can fine tune it though. Please let us know if you need help building this workflow and I would be happy to help. Thanks!

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Vishal-Avaya
Each workflow is deployed as a snapin itself. So once you have the tested flow, you will be able to post the working workflow on the store.
Go to:   
Mobile view