Andrew.Prokop
Is the longest lease time for a context store element 24 hours? That is my understanding, but I am hearing from a sales guy that someone at Avaya told him it's longer. Thanks!
SiobhanDervan
Hi Andrew,

There is no such limit on this parameter but it's vital to take lease time into consideration when sizing a Context Store deployment as this can drastically change the amount RAM required in the cluster to store the Context data for such a long time.

Out-of-the-box, the default lease time is 2 hours (7200 seconds) and the maximum lease time threshold (above which a warning will be logged but request will not be blocked) is 4 hours (14400). Both of these figures can be set anywhere within the range specified in the Context Store documentation.

As per the description of lease parameter in the CS Developer Guide (page 29) - "The valid lease must be in the range 1 to 2147483647."

(FYI, 2147483647 is the maximum value permitted for an Integer field such as this)

As you can see from the Capacity Planner tool, configuration sizing options are offered for up to 90 hours or days (though if you're storing data for 90 days, what you need is a database and not Context Store!)

Regards,
Siobhán
Andrew.Prokop
Thank you. However, I am confused. This is what it says in the Context Store 3.1 Reference Guide. Why does is say that the range only goes to 86400?

The lease time is, in seconds, the maximum time a context remains in the
data grid after the last change.Context Store automatically removes a
context if the context remains in Context Store for the lease period without
any change.
This attribute specifies the default lease time that Context Store uses
when you do not specify any lease time for a context entry.
• Range: 1 to 86400
• Default: 7200
You can update this attribute dynamically
SiobhanDervan
Hi Andrew,

Previously there was a documented, but not enforced, maximum described for this attribute but that has since been removed since scalability has been introduced to CS (updated in CS 3.2 documentation). Please download the latest available documentation from support.avaya.com

I've just double-checked the document (Release 3.2, Issue 1, October 2016) and no such limit is specified.

CSManager lease attribute description in CS 3.2 Reference Guide
"The lease time is, in seconds, the maximum time a context remains in the
data grid after the last change.Context Store automatically removes a
context if the context remains in Context Store for the lease period without
any change.
This attribute specifies the default lease time that Context Store uses
when you do not specify any lease time for a context entry.
• Default: 7200
You can update this attribute dynamically."

Regards,
Siobhán
Go to:   
Mobile view