Andrew.Prokop
Me again. :-)

I created a new dynamic task, but for some reason, it's not creating the scaffold correctly. I am following the instructions in the developer guide , but it fails to create the task-snapin folder. I've done this before and it has worked, so I am confused as to what is going wrong now. I am attaching a screenshot of the scaffold build process.

I didn't discover this until I built my project (mvn clean package) and discovered that there was no svar.

I noticed this in the top level pom.xml:

<modules>
<module>tasks</module>
</modules>

Successful files have this in the list: <module>tasks-snapin</module>

I hope another set up eyes can help me see what's going on.
  • [Thumb - mvn-scaffold.JPG]
[Disk] Download
AnuragAggarwal
In 3.2 onwards there is no tasks-snapin

you have to run mvn install and not mvn package

jar is produced in tasks/target, you have to go to ED admin console -> bundles and upload the jar there
Andrew.Prokop
Thank you. I was unaware that things changed. I have been following the 3.1 guide for weeks and didn't have any problems until I started a new task.

One more question. I want to make sure I understand the tag field in the tasks.json. I took the default which was "hello" for both tasks. That caused the second task to use the first task's model. I changed the tag field to a unique value in the second task, redeployed, and now things are fine.

Is that the right way to approach this?
SwatiKothari
Hi Andrew,

The properties of tasks.json have been described in the dynamic task documentation. To add a unique task in ED, you can configure all (or some) of these properties. Assuming the task is called "Andrew Task" and the model and execution class for this are located at com.xyz.AndrewTaskModel and com.xyz.AndrewTaskExecution resp, you can modify the following task properties(can have more as per your requirements):

"name": "Andrew Task",
"displayName": "Andrew Task"
"tag": "AndrewTask",
"svg": //the icon image you wish to you task,
"serviceName": "CollabDesigner",
"custom": "true",
"nodeType": "activity",
"modelClass": com.xyz.AndrewTaskModel",
"executionClass": "com.xyz.AndrewTaskExecution"
AnuragAggarwal
yes, the tag has to be unique
Go to: