Andrew.Prokop
I know you can launch workflows with phone calls and web services. Can I also launch them with emails or text messages? Thanks.
JoelEzell
For SMS, it is possible to trigger a workflow with an incoming SMS when using the Webtext SMS connector (it doesn't work for Clickatell). There is a "Message" event family and a "INCOMING_SMS" event type. I'm not sure which version of System Manager you have in your Collaboratory. If it's not recent, you may need to add these event type to the Engagement Designer admin console event catalog yourself, with the schema below.

Once that is there, set INCOMING_SMS as your start event type, and design your workflow accordingly. You can then use the event mapper on the Engagement Designer admin console to tell Engagement Designer which workflow to invoke based on the contents of an incoming SMS. A common pattern would be to map a particular "To" number to a particular

The Breeze email connector doesn't support incoming email at this point. If you want to trigger a workflow with an incoming email, you'll have to create your own email connector that uses Javamail (or similar) to receive incoming email messages, then posts an event to the framework. You'd have to define the event family/type/schema in the admin console event catalog.

{
"title":"SmsEvent",
"type":"object",
"properties":{
"from":{
"type":"string"
},
"to":{
},
"message":{
},
"timeReceived":{
}
}
}
Andrew.Prokop
Thank you! I am in the process of trying to get Webtext setup on my lab so I can play with that.
JoelEzell
Great! As an FYI, this incoming SMS capability should be available via Zang in 2017 as well.
Andrew.Prokop
That will be really cool. I am anxious to learn what other Zangisms are coming to Breeze.
Go to:   
Mobile view