matthewgdit
For the project I am working on, I want to be able to handle audio calls, text messages, and video calls. Which service should I mainly use for functions calls when dealing with the Client SDK? Communication Services or Customer Interaction Services? My main overall question I guess is what is the difference between the two types of services as they appear to use similar function calls.
goDaron [Avatar]

Customer Interaction Services will require working with the Oceana product. If you are using Oceana, then this is the package you should be using. If you are not using Oceana, then Communication Services package will provide the services you need.
barryoc
As Daron stated the Customer Interaction Package is used where you want to create Agent or suppervisor experience in conjunction with the Oceana Avaya's Omni channel contact center. For further information on the Communication pacakage have a look a the release notes on the software download page. In the whats new section you will see a full list of fuctionality for the Communication Services package
matthewgdit
This information is helpful. Are you still able to create an Agent and Supervisor experience with the Communication Services? We want to be able to create a role system and is it possible to create this without Oceana?
Dmitry_Shikulin
Hello matthewgdit

The Communication Services Package does not support Agent or Supervisor functionality. If you are looking to build Agent or Supervisor applications please look at the Customer Interaction Package.

Best regards,
Dmitry
Go to:   
Mobile view