DmitrySenashenko
Hi,
I am trying to test subj but I see at folder sdk two frameworks. For iphone and for simulator. When I try to use for iPhone then I got a lot of error with messages about architecture. Looks like for iphone is wrong framework.
I am trying to use package 237.0.14.

When I try to use for simulator then the application is able to be compiled but I got an error: "Reason: image not found".
Looks like something absent at archive with SDK. Could you check?
Rg, Dmitry
Dmitry_Shikulin
Hi Dmitry,

This is probably because of a wrong path to the AvayaClientServices framework.
To fix it follow next steps (if you are using a CommunicationSampleApp):
- Remove AvayaClientServices.framework from the project navigator
- Select CommunicationSampleApp in project navigator and choose a target.
- Go to Build Phases.
- Remove AvayaClientServices.framework from "Link Binary with Libraries" and from "Embed Frameworks"
- Re-add AvayaClientServices.framework to "Link Binary with Libraries" and "Embed Frameworks".
- Make sure that a Framework Search Paths for a target is valid and points to the framework's location. As example: "$(PROJECT_DIR)/../sdk/iphonesimulator"

Regards,
Dmitry
Rumata
Hi Dmitry
Thank you for your question.

What target do you use for iPhone build?

You can use guide article to learn the steps to build.
http://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/ios/communication/guide/my_first_project.gsp

DmitrySenashenko
Hi,
Thanks Dmitry. Your advice was useful. It is working.

Rumata,
I have some ideas about iPhone app. Wanted to look inside sdk.
Your url is interesting. I didn't see it when I find Avaya SDK yesterday. Possible this url was somewhere inside pages. I believe need to put it to reference document as well.

I see one more issue. By default application wants to connect via TLS. If I switch it to TCP then I don't see any activity inside wireshark.
I see Simulator connected via TLS still and doesn't want to switch to TCP.
And there are not any comments about SIP certificates. Developer can not know about needed Avaya certificate for TLS. But not possible to switch to TCP. I believe need to do button "Logout/Login" at Sample app.

Rg, Dmitry
Dmitry_Shikulin
Hi Dmitry,

Sorry for our delayed response and thank you for reporting an issue.
You are correct: in order to update configuration you must re-login user.

Switching TLS to TCP is not working now. Our techincal team is working on to fix it.

Information about certificates you can find in http://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/ios/communication/tech/working_certificates.gsp

Best regards,
Dmitry
DmitrySenashenko
Thank you Dmitry for answer.
Could I ask? Are there any plans to prepare Avaya Client SDK for IOS at Swift language?
Just for info.
Thanks. Dmitry
Dmitry_Shikulin
Hello DmitrySenashenko,

Thank you for your question.
Yes, Apple Swift can be used with iOS and MacOS versions of the Client SDK.

Best regards,
Dmitry
Dmitry_Shikulin
Hello DmitrySenashenko

Just get back from technical team on your question about using TCP.
In order to use TCP you need to configure all SM/PPM servers to use TCP.
By default (this is hardocded in current release) security is set to "Best effort" which means that CSDK will always prefer to use TLS instead of TCP (if both TCP and TLS servers are obtained from PPM)

Best regards,
DMitry
DmitrySenashenko
Hi,
About Swift I mean will Avaya release Avaya SDK with Swift examples?

About TCP/TLS. You are right TLS is preferred. But there are exclusion. My question was why TCP is not working. You answered. I think need to fix this.

About TCP. TCP is needed when certificate is not reachable and SM owner allows this. Next some Avaya equipment usually works via TCP at real life. And next easy to troubleshoot any problems with interworking with Avaya ecosystem.
Rg, Dmitry
Dmitry_Shikulin
Hello DmitrySenashenko

This was done as per security requirements - TLS will be used unless all of the PPM/SM are not configured to use TCP.
User is not able to change security policy and it will be always set to "Best effort". This is also done as per requriments.
By the way CSDK provides different levels of logging. If you set it to "debug" you will receive a SIP messages.
This could help you to troubleshoot interworking with different Avaya ecosystems.

I will also get back to you when get the info about swift examples.

Best regards,
Dmitry
Dmitry_Shikulin
Hello DmitrySenashenko

Regarding your question about swift examples.
There is no plan to release the Avaya SDK with Swift examples at this time. Swift developers are expected to be able to integrate the iOS/MacOS libraries into their IDE.

Best regards,
Dmitry
DmitrySenashenko
Thank you Dmitry for your answers.
Happy new Year!.
Rg, Dmitry
Go to:   
Mobile view