ShayBenDavid
Hi,

Please share with me an example how to create simple EDP flow of connecting 2 calls?
I have tried to use make call and add participant objects but its not working as expected. first call initiated but add participants not dialing second number.
JoelEzell
Can you please provide a snippet of your code? Do you see any exceptions being thrown in your snap-in's log file?

Is your desired use case always as follows?
- Call out to the "calling" party
- Wait for answer
- On answer, call to the "called" party
- After called party answers have 2-way talk path

If so, you can simplify things by using this signature on CallFactory:

CallFactory.create(String from, String to, Identity onBehalfOf)

Call.initiate() will then perform the flow above.
Vishal-Avaya
Or if its a workflow, please post your workflow and we can take a look.
PrakashN
Shay,

I think you are trying to create a workflow in Engagement Designer. Can you please:

(1) Give us the workflow you have so far.
(2) Tell us what version of Engagement Designer / Breeze you are using?
(3) Provide bit more description on what are you trying to achieve? You have a make call. I am assuming it is a Make 1 Party Call. I dont think you can add a participant like this after making the call. You can make the Make Call task into Make 2 Party Call and provide your second party information there itself - if you are trying to make a call between two parties... if that is what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks!

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
PrakashN
If it helps you Shay, I have made the world's simplest workflow that makes a 1 party call to FirstParty, then uses Add Participant to add the SecondParty to the call to establish the call between FirstParty and SecondParty. Is this something along the lines that you are trying to do here? If you can send us your workflow (along with the answers to the other questions I posted in my previous response), it would be helpful to help you more. Please let us know. Thanks!
Filename Test1.xml [Disk] Download

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
JoelEzell
Alternatively, if you don't need to insert any logic between the first and second calls, you can click the "Two party call" checkbox on the Make Call task. That will cause a call flow to be executed like the one I described above. Sorry that I was talking Java in my initial response. I missed that this question was in the Engagement Designer forum as opposed to the Breeze forum (I monitor both).
ShayBenDavid
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response (sorry for my late response :) )
First of all, "Two party call" checkbox did the work, i missed that somehow.
i'm using Breeze 3.1
I'm tying to achieve kind of 2 party call that triggered by string (via web url).
Any suggestions how to implement trigger above?

ShayBenDavid
I managed to trigger the instance via HTTP POST request. Thanks all for your tips.
JoelEzell
That's great. What mechanism did you end up using? You may find the attached to be interesting. It provides step by step instructions for triggering a workflow from an external application.
Filename Engagement Designer External Trigger.pptx [Disk] Download
ShayBenDavid
Thanks I have created HTTP Request event in order to trigger Make Call function.
ShayBenDavid
Hi,

Is there any way to put error mechanism? like if call failed to return error message?
i have very simple flow of connect 2 calls (make call)
PrakashN
The Make Call task's Output Schema has a field called "Status" that will return "Success" or "Failed". You can map it to a variable (you may already have a mapping for the UCID to use it for further call treatment later in the workflow) and check that variable using an Exclusive Gateway to provide error-check mechanism in your workflow.

ShayBenDavid
Do you have an example of this flow? i need to return the call status in the end of the flow (succeed or failed).
Via Breeze CLI logs (ce dlogw EngagementDesigner),
I can see wrong calls: Received event: Call:CALL_ENDED Payload: EventImpl [family=Call, type=CALL_ENDED
and good calls: Received event: Call:CALL_ANSWERED Payload: EventImpl [family=Call, type=CALL_ANSWERED
PrakashN
Here is a sample. Please note that the numbers used in the Make Call task are dummy numbers. Take a look at the Output Mapping of the Make Call task... because that is what you will be interested in. Please let me know if this is what you are looking for, or if you have any further questions. Thanks!
Filename MakeCallEg.xml [Disk] Download

ShayBenDavid
I cant import workflow as i'm on EDP 3.1 and workflow created in EDP 3.3
Go to:   
Mobile view