pnwoha
So I am able to run two applications on the same box each connecting to a different AES. I added both AES server ip and ports to the Edit.ini file. So far things look good. My question is do both applications share the same buffer or will the driver give each application is own dedicated buffer? Is it possible for one application to bring down the other if one of them is misbehaving?
MartinFlynn
I am not an expert in this but:

1. Each application is running as a separate process
2. Each connection is a separate socket

So, I don't think it is possible for one to interfere with the other.

Martin
pnwoha
Thanks Martin
SivaramaKrishananPratheep
Hi,

I am also looking for similar approach. May be connect to different AES of different Enterprise in WAN from a single server. For this i need to configure TSLIB.ini with ipaddress of of different enterprise AES servers under Telephony server tab. Then i need to run separate process for each Enterprise passing the respective TSAPI Tlink information to the process.

If the above setup works i need the below information

1) How many AES server can be connected using TSAPI Client in a single Sever?
2) How to determine what is the maximum load a single server can handle (only monitor)? Do i need to take Busy Hour calls for all the enterprise is enough? can i need to check is any other applicaiton monitors the extension in each enterprise for calculating messages per second? i assume AES can handle 1000 CTI message per second.
3) If i use JTAPI instead of TSAPI is there any performance degradation?
MartinFlynn
Capacities for AE Services are described in Chapter 12 of "Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services Overview and Specification". This document talks about ASAI messages between Communication Manager and AE Services, but there is an approximately 1:1 ratio of ASAI to TSAPI messages assuming only one application monitors each station.

1. There is no absolute limit to the number of AE Services that to which an application server can connect. The limit will be dictated by bandwidth available, server performance and application design.

2. You must include all applications using AE Services when calculating the number of messages/second that are being generated. So, if your application monitors 100 stations using an AE Services and another application monitors 100 different stations then the AE Services can handle 5 messages per station per second. If both applications monitor the stations, then the answer would be nearer 10 messages per station per second.

3. I think that using JTAPI would reduce the performance somewhat. JTAPI uses the Snapshot feature to gather information in the background. These add the the load.

Martin
pnwoha
Fantastic write up, thx Martin!
Go to:   
Mobile view