VasilyL
Hi,

I do not know where to post my questions/proposals. Probably Gurus will notice them...

1. Many elements in the Palette can contain "Next" block (Specifies the next form to go to). It could be nice if you can double click Next element and move to that element. Now you need to go back to the main flow, find it manually and click it.
2. OD has Servlet block. The main purpose of that element is concentrated in the servletImplementation(...) method (or I miss something?). Well, if you doubleclick Servlet element then you won't be navigated to the Java code editior as expected but to the Servlet high level representation where you can add "Goto" element only from the palette. And you need to go back, select it on the main flow, right click, select "Edit" and only after that you will be navigated to the java editor.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Vasily.
WilsonYu
These are good suggestions to enhance the usability. Thanks. I will create couple of enhancement requests for us to work on for the future release.
VasilyL
Hi WilsonYu!

These two things are quite annoying for me. That's why I decided to publish them.
I could share my experience/proposal in the feature.

Do you have any "official" place to publish thoughts? Or this forum is enough?

Vasily.
WilsonYu
This is the good place to do it. Thanks.
VasilyL
Hi guys!

I have one more proposal.
We have a real case: customer has a transitional audio. When IVR app does something external (web service operation or DB operation) transitional audio is used and client hears lady's voice with polite ask to wait a little bit.
If external operation takes too long time to execute customer wants to play the transitional audio at least one time with out interruption. If operation takes additional time then this audio must continue to play but without interruption if answer comes during transitional audio playing, so, it must play till the audio end.
In other words customer do not want to interrupt transitional audio but play it till the end and only after that IVR app must continue interaction with client.

I see that it is possible to set "delay seconds" before transitional audio start and minimal play seconds.
"Minimal play seconds" is an option (I know how many seconds transitional audio takes) but nobody knows how much time external operation will take, so, the number times it must play is unknown.

Indeed this requirement is quite specific since customers always want to speedup communication between ivr and client.

So, my proposal is to introduce an option like "keep playing till the end": true/false to specify that transitional audio should not be interrupted in the middle.

Another idea was to introduce an option like "minimal number of times to play transitional audio" but I am not sure that it will be demanded a lot...

Probably I miss something and it is possible to do it in some other way but I did not find how to make it work.
If you tell me how to do it I will be very happy and grateful for you help.

Thanks in advance,
Vasily.
VasilyL
And one more proposal.

There is no way to group variables in Project Variables Editor.

All variables are mixed and just sorted in alphabetic order.
For example, it is more convenient to see all Configurable variables at "one place" close to each other.
Or you want to see all Simple Vars in one group or all Complex Vars in one group.

So, probably it will be good to see all vars in another way, like in two level tree
Simple Variable
----simp1
----simp2...
Complex Variable
----comp1
----comp2...
Others
----Menu1
----Menu2
----WebServOperatResult1
etc...

I hope the main idea is clear.
Well, it could be an additional "view in editor" or something separate.
Of cause current implementation must be kept as is.

Please let me know what do you think.

Vasily.
RossYakulis
I created an enhancement request for the variable editor " AAOD-365 Allow for alternate ordering in Variable editor."
RossYakulis
In regards to the transitional audio. We are limited by the VXML spec generally.
VasilyL
Thanks for AAOD-365.
Regarding transitional audio: it is forbidden or it is not supported in VXML specs?
RossYakulis
Not supported https://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml20/ search on fetchaudio.
VasilyL
Ok, Thanks!
VasilyL
Hi!

During development OD applications you need to rename a lot of blocks on the main.flow.

Probably it will be a good idea to allow "F2" button to rename selected block (the same as in windows: you just select folder -> press F2 -> enter a new title).
RossYakulis
You can click directly on the name and rename. I am not sure how that is an improvement.?
VasilyL
Yes, it is possible to do that.
But sometimes it is not fast as it could be. You need click a block, then you need to wait a while to be selected and only after that you need click again. If you click too fast then you will open that block instead of renaming it.
When you have a lot of elements and you need to rework the flow it looks quite annoying getting inside a block.
Of cause I am not push you to keep that in mind since it could be only my problem and other designers do not see it at all.
So, it is up to you to treat it as an improvement or caprice.
VasilyL
Another situation:
When you add block to the flow (in flow editor) then a Java file is added for that block.
But when you delete a block (in flow editor) then Java file is not deleted. And it become alone, not connected to any functionality.
If I correctly understand this java files are marked with "exclaim sign inside yellow triangle" in speech navigator like a general warning. And as a consequence the whole project has this "warning" attribute. In the same time I see nothing in the Problems view.

So, improvement proposals are:
1. Delete Java code when a block is deleted in flow editor.
2. Show warning message in problems view when Java class is not connected to any block (of cause I mean only the default "flow" package).
Go to:   
Mobile view