DonMonheim
Hello,

My team and I have developed our own UI solution that we want to deploy on the Oceana platform, how does one go about this? We have found documentation for working with Workspaces but not for custom UI's.

Thanks,
Don
prowlands
Hi Don,

I assume this is a customer-facing UI? If so, it should go outside Oceana. I've attached an image (Web-facing Topology) showing what the recommended architecture is. There's a couple of reasons for this:

• 1. The UI doesn't directly depend on anything in Oceana.

• 2. The UI is entirely browser-based, meaning that chat requests will come from the customer's browser. The proxies mentioned in the reference architecture are supposed to hide the addresses of Oceana from the customer.

• 3. Deploying it to Oceana would require a lot of unnecessary overhead. Oceana artifacts have to be built in the following pattern, which simply isn't worth it for a JavaScript/HTML website:

• WAR (does all the grunt work)
    -> EAR
    -> SVAR (service archive)

If you want to have a look at the Reference Web UI for Oceana, you can find it under Downloads -> CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT -> Assisted Chat Client APIs (or follow this link for the full list). The file name is "Avaya Oceana Web-based Assisted Chat Web User Interface".

• [Thumb - Web-facing Topology.png]
    [Disk] Download
    Go to:   
    Mobile view