AshokJoshi2
I have installed the SDK but cannot see the Avaya icon in Eclipse. The jar file for plugin is copied into the correct directory. In all of the documentation I read, it is only mentioned that from the SDK running install.bat followed by installing plugin is enough. Am I missing any steps/documentation?

All other stuff is installed properly, as I can import projects and successfully build svars. Only the plugin is missing, so I have manually copy and install svar everytime. Plugin will help with this.
DILEEPPANDEY
Hi Ashok,

Could you please provide some more info regarding the Eclipse version your are using. Eclipse neon/mars etc.

Also it will be great if you can share the .log file from you eclipse workspace .metadata directory.

Thanks & Regards,
Dileep
AshokJoshi2
Hi Dileep,

Thanks. I am using Luna, Java 1.8.0_91

Log file attached as well. Is there any particular version of Eclipse/JDK required?

Filename .log [Disk] Download
DILEEPPANDEY
We have verified the eclipse plug-in on Eclipse Luna and its seems working fine as I can see the icon. I have downloaded the Eclipse Luna from below location.
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/luna/SR2/eclipse-jee-luna-SR2-win32-x86_64.zip

Make sure you are using the Jee version and not the standard java version eclipse luna.

Copy the com.avaya.zephyr.eclipse.plugin.jar from Avaya Breeze SDK lib folder to eclipse plugin directory and restart the eclipse in clean mode.

Hopefully it should work. Even if after doing this it didn't works then please share the Avaya Breeze SDK details. We may need to verify that the version of Avaya Breeze SDK is compatible with Luna or not in case SDK is older one.

Regards,
Dileep

AvayaForPru
Hi,

Unable to see Avaya icon and/or build the sample helloService Project (Avaya-Breeze-SDK)

System is Mac, using eclipse with with java from /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_131.jdk/Contents/Home

Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
Version: Neon.3 Release (4.6.3)
Build id: 20170314-1500

Avaya-Breeze-SDK/lib/com.avaya.zephyr.eclipse.plugin.jar is copied in eclipse plug-in directory via the script.

What am I missing?
DILEEPPANDEY
Hi,

You should use the "Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers instead of Eclipse IDE for Java Developers. Plug-in uses some bundles which are part of JAVA EE eclipse bundle and not part of standard Java Eclipse bundle.

After installing the JAVA EE eclipse just copy the com.avaya.zephyr.eclipse.plugin.jar into the plugins or dropins directory and restart the eclipse in clean mode. This will activate the eclipse plug-in and Avaya Icon will get displayed in the toolbar.

Thanks & Regards,
Dileep
PhilipGregory
I am having the same issue, Im using Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Version: Photon Release (4.8.0)
Build id: 20180619-1200
Java version: 1.8.0_131
DILEEPPANDEY
Hi PhilipGregory,

In photon release eclipse has removed some of the bundles which are getting used by our eclipse plug-in. We have provided those missing bundles in our SDK. To use photon with eclipse plug-in you have to use the latest Breeze SDK of 3.6 release which is supposed to GA in Dec
2018. We have addressed the issue and installing the new SDK will resolved the issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Dileep
Go to:   
Mobile view