pnwoha
when using dmcc, I have enabled the agent logged in and logged off events. However when I log in an agent, this never fires. Is there some other setup that I am missing?

With dmcc, is it possible to get a list of extensions associated with an acd split?
MartinFlynn
Firstly, make sure you are monitoring the Hunt Group extension number. This is what fires Agent Login/Logout events. There is no point monitoring a Station ID or VDN.

I am assuming here, that you have configured the Hunt Group as a Skill. For non-skill huntgroups, or if you are still having problems, you will need to have a close read of "TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager Programmer's Reference".

For your second question, once you are monitoring the Hunt Group, you can do the following:

1. GetAgentLogin. This will return a series of events. Included in these will be one AgentLoginExtensionEvent per agent logged into the skill. Each includes the Station ID where an agent is logged in.

2. If you want to know the AgentID of the agent logged into a Station, you can use GetPhysicalDeviceInformation. This will return a GetPhysicalDeviceInformationResponse which includes the Agent ID as a Logical Device.

Martin
pnwoha
Martin this is excellent information. One question though, what api do I use to monitor the skill (acd split)? would it be the "serviceProvider.getThirdPartyCallController.StartMonitor"?
MartinFlynn
That's correct.

Martin
pnwoha
Martin I tried this out and when i do, i get an empty monitor id. Is this expected?
MartinFlynn
How are you getting the monitor ID?
pnwoha
serviceProvider.getThirdPartyCallController.StartMonitor.
MartinFlynn
serviceProvider.getThirdPartyCallController.StartMonitor does not return a monitor ID.
pnwoha
Yes but the "OnStartMonitorResponse" does. This is the response you get when u call the "start monitor" api. When i use the start monitor on extensions, works just fine and i get a monitor id from the start monitor response.
MartinFlynn
It's funny, that didn't seem to work for me when I tried it earlier. It is working now and I DO get a Monitor ID in the StartMonitorResponseArgs when I monitor a Hunt Group extension.

I suggest you enable DMCC traces and check that the MonitorStart and MonitorStartResponse XML messages are correct. They should be the same as for a Station (except the actual events filtered may be different).

Martin
pnwoha
Ok i'll keep you posted.
Narsimha
Is there any sample application for DMCC java api which monitors agent login/logout events.
If not, it would be really helpful if you can please let me know how to monitor login/logout events on an avaya extension?
pnwoha
Martin, what version of AES and CM did you test against?
MartinFlynn
I don't think there is any DMCC sample application for Agent Login/Logout but the code is relatively simple:

1. Create a Callback, e.g.

void myAgentLoginHandler(object sender, ThirdPartyCallController.AgentLoggedOnEventArgs e)
{
//
}

2. Register the callback:

ServiceProvider.getThirdPartyCallController.OnAgentLoggedOnEvent += new AgentLoggedOnEventHandler(myAgentLoginHandler);

3. Get a Device ID or Third Party Device ID for the Huntgroup extension, just like for a station.

4. Setup the event filter & request the events:

ThirdPartyCallController.ThirdPartyCallControlEvents ee =
new ThirdPartyCallController.ThirdPartyCallControlEvents(true);
ee.AgentLoggedOffEvent = true;
ee.AgentLoggedOnEvent = true;
serviceProvider.getThirdPartyCallController.StartMonitor(huntGroupDevice.getDeviceIdAsString, ee, null);
MartinFlynn
I am using CM 7.0.1.1.0.441.23169, AES-7.0.1.0.3.15-0 & DMCC .Net SDK 7-0-0-38.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view