AbdulKA
Hello,

we have tried to run a call recording application with Avaya Aura 7.0 platform . In this application we register DMCC station using the multiple registration method , but it was returning DMCC registration error in response.

So we tried to register the DMCC station from the DMCC Dashboard. It was noticed that the following error was coming up .

Get Device Id Response (Device.Phone):2 Device Id:101:connection1:192.168.50.200:0
Register Terminal Response: 3 Error:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><CSTAErrorCode xmlns="http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3"><unspecified /></CSTAErrorCode>

As mentioned in the FAQ "How can I troubleshoot why a DMCC registration request fails with an 'Unspecified' reason or a response similar to:CM Connection lost - protocol timeout: " we have tried to run list trace ras ip-station XXXXX , but it returned no events at all in its output of list trace ip=station. The connection between AES and CM are in the talking mode.

we are confused where it is going wrong? please let me know the possible causes.

Thanks and Regards
Abdul Rasheed
MartinFlynn
Have a look in the DMCC traces on AE Services. Each failed registration should have an associated exception which will give you much better information. There are instructions on how to find the DMCC traces in the Devconnect Product FAQ "How can I monitor the XML being sent and received by the AE Services Server (debug, log, trace)?". It is in the "FAQ: AE Services Device, Media, and Call Control (DMCC) -> Other" section.

Martin
AbdulKA
Thank you Martin.
i checked the logs as you have mentioned and find the following error.

This problem might be due to an incorrect server IP address or H323TLS option.#012Check the OA&M pages - the addess used for this server was: null and the H323TLS option is true#012Could not register device due to following IOException:[connection1:192.168.50.200:101:0] Could not bind to socketChannel

Thus we identified that , the Secure H323 is checked for the switch connection between AES and CM. Once it is turned off, the DMCC registrations were successful.. Thanks again for your assistance.

Thanks & Regards
Abdul Rasheed

AbdulKA
Dear Martin,

One more query related to Multiple registration. We run a system with 140 DMCC stations registered in dependent mode to the IP Phones being connected. All registrations were successful and we were able to get the media to the DMCC station and able to record it. But after running it for one week , we identified that ,from some of the phones there were no media events coming to the corresponding DMCC stations. At the same time , we didnt see any logs from our application which shows that the those DMCC stations are unregistered due to any reason. Hence my doubt is , whether there is any chance of missing messages between CM and AES due to 140 stations monitoring and recording is happening. please let us know your thoughts on possible reasons. .

Best Regards
Rasheed
MartinFlynn
AE Services should be able to handle several thousand terminals so I don't think 140 would be a problem.

If the monitored phone unregisters (e.g. the user logs out or power is lost to it), the DMCC terminal will also unregister. If the phone registers again, the DMCC terminal will not automatically re-register. Perhaps this is the cause of your problem.

You can use the SAT command "list registered-ip-stations" to DMCC terminals should show up as separate items on the list so you can see if yours are still registered.

Martin
AbdulKA
Hi Martin,

If the monitored phone unregister , does the multiple registered DMCC station will get a notification in the response handler?

Best Regards
Rasheed
MartinFlynn
You will get a TerminalUnregisteredEvent and EndpointUnregisteredEvents if you are listening for them.

The EndpointUnregisteredEvent is a CallControl event and you will get one per registered terminal (e.g. one for the phone and one for the DMCC terminal).

The TerminalUnregisteredEvent is a Phone event (like DisplayUpdated) and you will only get one for your terminal.

I suggest you use the DMCC dashboard to experiment.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view