willlain
Hi, I already read the doc and this post http://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/20814.page
But still confused how to support the background mode ?
1. The doc Backgrounding and battery considerations said add this to support bg mode, but is not work on iOS10 iphone6s

- (void)applicationDidEnterBackground:(UIApplication *)application {
[application setKeepAliveTimeout:UIMinimumKeepAliveTimeout handler:^{
[client prepareForBackgroundInterval:UIMinimumKeepAliveTimeout];
}];
}

2. I see an message said Legacy VoIP background mode is deprecated and no longer supported ? what's wrong?
3. In Xcode and build target iOS9 editor warring the api setKeepAliveTimeout is deprecated ? should I use new api?
4. iOS bg mode and voip support is very complex, I would be very grateful who told me how to step by step.
5. What is the official prefer dev env Xcode version? macOS version?

Thanks,
After some test, I use Xcode7 and macOS 10.11 success run demo app in bg mode. But still have problems with lock screen .
Pavel_K
3.1 release CSDK doesn't support background for iOS10 if you have compiled the project using iOS10 target, so you need to compile using iOS9 target if you want background support.
The SDK can be used with Xcode 7 or later and requires a deployment target of iOS 9.
The supported macOS platforms for 3.1 Release: 10.10, 10.11, 10.12

Rumata
5. See doc article "Build and Runtime Environment" for details https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/ios/communication/tech/build_and_runtime_environment.gsp

willlain

But in my dev env macOS 10.12.4 Xcode 8.4 target ios9. The bg mode is not work.

In other env macOS 10.11 el captin and Xcode 7 target ios9. Same code bg mode is work.

Am I wrong?
Rumata
I think the Base iOS 9 SDK is requied for Xcode 8.

Please try following steps to install iOS 9.3 Base SDK:
1) Download Xcode_7.3.1.dmg from https://developer.apple.com/downloads/
2) Mount it
3) Copy SDK from
/Volumes/Xcode/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS.sdk
to
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS9.3.sdk
4) Copy Simulator from
/Volumes/Xcode/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk
to
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator9.3.sdk
5) Run command in shell
sudo /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :MinimumSDKVersion 9.3" /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Info.plist
6) Run command in shell
sudo /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :MinimumSDKVersion 9.3" /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Info.plist
7) Restart Xcode
8) Open Xcode project setting->Build Settings->Base SDK, then Select iOS 9.3 option.
9) Rebuild application
RogerLi
Our customer is encounter the same kind of problem. For workaround, they use Xcode 7 to build their existing app for iOS 9 and 10 support. But it is just a workaround, because Xcode 7 is not designed to support iOS 10. Since the CSDK 3.1 can not be used in Xcode 8 for background mode supporting, I just want to confirm if the next release(3.2) may support this on Xcode 8?
Rumata
Unfortunately ClientSDK doesn't support building with iOS 10 SDK (default iOS SDK in Xcode 8 ). Did you try to install iOS 9.3 SDK into Xcode 8?

Quote from ClientSDK 3.1 documentation:
"iOS 10 is supported because iOS 10 is backwards compatible with iOS 9. It is not possible to use iOS10 features with the iOS Client SDK."

i am going to find out about directly supporting iOS 10 in ClientSDK 3.2 and let you know.
Rumata
So direct supporting iOS 10 is in the foreground, but unfortunately it won't be implemented in 3.2.
??-??_deprecated
Hello,have you solved your question? I have the same question now?Would you show me how to solve the question? Thank you very much!
This is my email : wangwenxue@shareclouds.com
barryoc
xCode 8 and 9 will be supported with Breeze Client SDK 3.4 GA March/April 2018.
Rumata
Hi,
Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately it is not implemented in 3.3. If your application need to receive network data in background mode you still should use Xcode 7. Our team is working on supporting iOS 10+ it will works in 3.4 release.
Go to:   
Mobile view