MichaelDailous_deprecated
I'm struggling trying to figure out how to use the Data Project in my application. The Developer Guide references configuring the Data project as a "Managed Application" on the AEP. Is a "Managed Application" simply an application defined in the AEP Applications section, or is there a different configuration that needs to be performed? Also, how do we use the Data Project from within a Speech Project? Do we need to deploy it as a "Reusable Module" and use it that way, or is there a more flexible (i.e. loosely coupled) mechanism to using the Data Project from within a Speech Project? We've searched both the AAOD Developer Guide, the AEP Help system, and the forums to no avail.

Thanks in advance.
Michael
WilsonYu
This is not a correct statement confusing at best if you are looking at it in the Dev. Guide. We will have it corrected:

"You must host a data application as a managed application on Avaya Aura® Experience Portal"

The data project canbe used as reusable module only. You still need to deploy it the same way as other project types on the app server. You do not define it on EPMS.
MacKry
Hi,
An OD 7.1 DevGuide states that Data Applications "can also operate standalone via a web service call allowing you to write
applications that are not tied to any type of incoming communication and can perform back office type of work."

Does it mean that it's possible to call a Data Application by an external (not an OD) application? How can I achieve that? How to deploy data app to be able to use it as a back end logic for an externall app? And how to call it? Do I need to develop a special web service for that purpose?
WilsonYu
You would just launch the app by invoking it's Start URL http://<ip>:<port>/<appname>/Start. It would execute any logic nodes from Start to the Return node.
MacKry
Great, thanks. And how about passing parameters and retrieving output variables?
Also, do I need to configure such app on Experience Portal? If yes - how?
WilsonYu
You can pass parameters into the app using the query string. For example: http://localhost:8080/TestApp/Start?param1=test. And you create a variable name param1 (to match the parameter name) in the project.variables. The value will be automatically passed in and stored in the variable. The drawback of standalone data app is there is no default mechanism for returning values to the calling app. The out parameters in the app only work when the calling app is sharing the OD session object. You have to improvise. The data apps are not managed by EP.
MacKry
When I call my test application in a web browser like this: http://localhost:8080/TestApp/Start it displays "You have succesfully reached the application" but it does not go any further. I expected it to automaticly redirect to the first form of the flow, but it doesn't. Any idea about that?
WilsonYu
To execute the data app thoroughly, you need to call it from another app.
Go to:   
Mobile view