JEAN_deprecated
Hi
I need help.
I would like to know if avaya breeze is compatible with Ip office 9.1? I can't find the answer on the DevConnect site?
Thank for answer .
Bye
JoelEzell
Hi Jean, the high level answer is yes. In general, you can use Breeze with any sort of SIP Entity that Session Manager can talk to. There are a number of subtleties here, however.

As implied above, the only SIP Entity that Breeze can directly talk to is Session Manager. Breeze also has a dependency on System Manager. If this is a standalone IP Office deployment that doesn't already have Session/System Manager in the environment, this would be a rather large additional footprint.

Additionally, all calls need to traverse Session Manager. If this is a "Callable application" or an outbound calling application, that's not too big a deal. IP Office / SM would naturally route such calls between the user and Breeze. If it's a call intercept (sequenced) application, on the other hand, it gets trickier. You'd need to either have SIP trunks in use, or do some provisoining on IP office to force all incoming / outgoing trunk calls through SM.

What does the current deployment look like? What is the intended use case? In general, Breeze only makes sense in a deployment that has a number of IP Office deployments that are networked together using a central Session Manager, ideally with centralized SIP trunking as well.
JEAN_deprecated
Hi,
I would intercept the call using breeze sdk, so that you can retrieve the caller's phone number and use it for better call handling.
I'm currently on Ip office 9.1.4 and I am using One x Portal.
How did I proceed? Should I use a breeze server? And can I do it? With one x portal?
Thanks for answer .
Bye
JoelEzell
Jean, what about the other questions I had regarding your deployment? Is this a single IP Office system? Is Avaya Aura currently part of the deployment? If Aura is not currently there, the increased footprint will likely be prohibitive.

I suspect that IP Office can be configured such that incoming trunk calls can be routed out to SM prior to sending the call to the station (1XP), but I don't know for sure. We dont' have such procedures tested and documented. I'd feel much more confident endorsing a solution that involved centralized SIP trunk calls that are already traversing Session Manager.
JEAN_deprecated
Yes sorry ,
I use only ip office 9.1.4 with On-x-Portal. Aura is not part of deployment.

To summarize, I use ip office with One-X-Portal, however I would like to use Breeze which offers good features, call intercept in particular.
How can I use it?
Is it that I must have Aura session manager?
thank you for your reply
Bye
:D
JoelEzell
Yes, Session Manager and System Manager are both required. You would be taking a one-server solution oriented towards small / medium and turning it into a 4 server solution. The additional servers each probably require more resources than IP Office alone. I don't think it's a good fit for you, unfortunately.
JEAN_deprecated
ok,
Are you sure that these 2 software are paying?
Bye
JoelEzell
System Manager doesn't add any cost, but Session Manager does.
Go to:   
Mobile view