spreston
I am trying to learn Breeze and have been going through the tutorial videos. My group already has some Breeze snap-ins running and we have a lab environment with an Aura System Manager. So, I have been able to create an svar file, and get it installed using the System Manager. But when I go to "User Management" there are no users.

My colleague who has built the previous snap-ins tells me he didn't need any users since our snap-ins only make outgoing calls.

But in the videos, the samples all require users, which the presenters assume are already there. The presenters also run some kind of phone simulator to test the snap-ins.

I know extremely little about telephony, so when I tried to create a user with the System Manager, I didn't know what to enter in many of the fields.

So, what I need to know is how do I get some of these users and that slick phone emulator, so I can test the samples.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Steve Preston

JoelEzell
Hi Steve. Do you have Avaya Session Manager in your lab? If not, you'll need one in order to use Breeze call functionality. If you do have it in your lab, you'll need to provision users according to the Session Manager administration guide (available on support.avaya.com). You can then test with one of the Avaya soft clients like Communicator or Equinox. Your colleague is correct that if you're doing outbound calling, you don't strictly need Users, but you need something to send the calls to. You'd need to have a SIP trunk to a PBX, or a SIP trunk to the PSTN.

You may want to consider applying for an Avaya Collaboratory as an alternative. You'd then have preconfigured users.
Go to:   
Mobile view