juhunter
Hey all,

Looking for some ways to have calls sit in a VDN and play announcements / hold music and have an application keep track of calls and agents and assign those calls instead of Avaya's ACD doing it.

Right now that can be done through an adjunct routing application but I was wondering if it's possible to actually pick a call out of a holding VDN and send it somewhere else by actually transferring or some other function that I am not familiar with.

Thank you.
MartinFlynn
It is not possible to transfer a call out of vector processing. The correct mechanism for an application to route a call is Adjunct Routing.

Martin
juhunter
So to overview - we would have a fairly long wait time on the adjunct route as it would be the system/application running the ACD. Is there a maximum wait time? As far as I know we would want it indefinite - never know how long a queue might get up to...

Is there any way for Avaya to know if the application were to - unfortunately - stop? Ungracefully? When AES doesn't receive a heartbeat in so long will Avaya know that those calls need to be pulled back into the system and handled according to the remaining dialplan - or will those calls be lost in oblivion?

I believe this is the remainder of my questions / concerns.

Thank you
MartinFlynn
Here is a simple example of an adjunct routing vector:

01 wait-time 2 secs hearing silence
02 adjunct routing link 4
03 wait-time 3 secs hearing silence

This gives the application 3 seconds to respond to a routing request. If it cannot respond in that time, the call falls through to step 4. This could redirect the call to another VDN, Huntgroup, Adjunct Route link etc.

I think that the delay in step 3 would normally be quite short - I do not think it would be normal to leave a call hanging in adjunct routing, waiting for an agent to become free.

You really want to emulate a Hunt Group. I am not sure how you would do that.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view