PriyaVijayakumar.
Hi,

We have developed the Mobile Web Application using OD 7.1 but we don't know how to configure and initialize in AEP 7.1 and Tomcat 7

In AEP - As usual in Application Section created using application name, Type selected as 'HTML' and Internal URL is application hosted url. After this we are not sure about next steps. :roll:

Please advise and share any documents regarding this.

Thanks
Priya Vijayakumar
RossYakulis
Look at this and see if it answers your questions.
Filename ExperiencePortalAndOrchestrationDesigner 7_1_KT - v6.pptx [Disk] Download
RossYakulis
Also look on support.avaya.com and search for "Avaya Aura Experience Portal 7.1 Mobile Web Best Practices White Paper"
https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101020348
PriyaVijayakumar.
Thanks Ross. :D Will look into the doc and will come back if we have any queries.

Regards
Priya Vijayakumar
PriyaVijayakumar.
Hi,

We are stuck with how to configure Avaya Web Application URL. Please find below steps which we did and let us know if anything is missed from our side.

From Application Server:

1. Generated the Redirector.war and deployed in Application Server. Once deployed, in WEB-INF directory we have added the EPM server with the details of username, password and IP address.
2. Generated the project XXXX.war and deployed in Application Server. In Project, we have added Generate URL to HTML Application Connector and mentioned the Application name as Mobile_IVR in connector.

From EP:

1. The Project is mapped in the Application with the type as HTML.
2. In Multi-Media Configuration -> HTML Redirector -> Added Zone name, Transport Protocol as TCP,Host Address, Port and Path as Redirector.

Here HTML Redirector - Zone name and Application - Zone name should be same ?

Then What will be the URL to view the Avaya Web Application.?

http://HostIPAddress:8080(Port)/Redirector/Mobile_IVR (Application name provided in the project) Is this correct?

Please help us to resolve this and mention if we missed any steps...

Thanks in advance

Regards
Priya Vijayakumar
WilsonYu
The url http://HostIPAddress:8080(Port)/Redirector/Mobile_IVR is the right format; however Mobile_IVR should be the name of the application configured on EPM (not the project name)
PriyaVijayakumar.
Thanks Wilson.

The URL is http://HostIPAddress:8080/Redirector/IVR . Application name in EP is "IVR"

But still we are getting error like "HTTP Status 500 - Configuration error".

whether we are missing some configuration ? :roll:

Please help on this.

Thanks
Priya Vijayakumar
WilsonYu
Can you check the log file in the Redirector directory? There may be some error there telling what is going on.
PriyaVijayakumar.
Hi,

We have checked the log, getting message like "No EPMs Configured". but we have configured already.

FYR have attached the logs and Redirector setup screenshot.

Is there anything we are missing?

Thanks
Priya Vijayakumar
Filename log.txt [Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - Redirector_setup_Ss.png]
[Disk] Download
WilsonYu
I would assume that this error is happening because the setup script (setup.sh or setup.bat) isn’t being run from the directory where the Redirector app is deployed (i.e. where the Redirector.war file was expanded). This would mean that the copy of the Redirector that is actually running isn’t actually configured, hence the No EPMs error. The servers.conf and truststore.jks files that the setup script modifies must be in the WEB-INF directory of the running Redirector app.
PriyaVijayakumar.
Hi Wilson,

Thank you so much. :D We have added EPM server successfully as per your comments and Application is working as expected.

Previously, we just added server details and we didnt know that have to give 'Q' quit, once the server is added & select 'Y' for "Write new configuration to disk?" so whatever we added it didnt save in disk.

after following below mentioned steps, server details are added successfully.

1.Added server details
2.'Q' command
3.Select 'Y' for "Write new configuration to disk"
4.Server is added successfully.

If you have any documents related to Mobile web application development please share. :)

Thanks
Priya Vijayakumar
WilsonYu
I'm glad we got this one figured. All our documentation is in DevGuide pdf or the on-line help in Eclipse. Developing the UI for html mobile app in OD is very similar to speech apps in terms of using the widgets from the palette to create the flow. There are some difference that are documented in Chapter 8 Web Applications. Just let's know via this forum what you need help with.
frade
Hi all,

Just have a quick Question about how to test web applications...

What I need is just a "Demo" so my Redirector webapp and my OD web application is in the same Tomcat Application Server ( I beleave is not a problem if I configure correctly Redirector in EPM and Redirector config ).

Anyway...What I need to test it? I really dont understand why in EPM - Applications - HTML Apllication doesn't have an extensión or phone number to test the visual IVR...

Please could you tell me how to test it?

thanks

WilsonYu
If you are talking about development phase, you test it by either clicking on the Run Application button in the Simulation tab, which will load the app in the default web browser or you manually open the web browser and load the app using the http://locathost:8080/<appname>/Start url.
frade
Thank you WilsonYu

So that, If I understand correctly (please correct me if not), this HTML /WEB applications does not interact with voice calls? is just only with mobile web navigator?

What I mean is...Customers can interact with this applications when they are in IVR phone Calls??or is just for web navigation throw different menus developed by OD like before?

Thanks!
Go to:   
Mobile view