AlokKulkarni
Hi,
I learnt that Location services are not available with Vantage device(correct me if I am wrong)
Is there a list of features that Vantage does not support that are supported on any Android tablet ?
My current interest is checking if following services are available
1. Google play services
2. Displaying maps and features around map like geocoding , traffic data etc for a particular location(Not fetching current location using Fine and Coarse location features but for a fixed latitude-longitude)

NicholasKwiatkowski [Avatar]
AlokKulkarni wrote:Hi,
I learnt that Location services are not available with Vantage device(correct me if I am wrong)
Is there a list of features that Vantage does not support that are supported on any Android tablet ?
My current interest is checking if following services are available
1. Google play services
2. Displaying maps and features around map like geocoding , traffic data etc for a particular location(Not fetching current location using Fine and Coarse location features but for a fixed latitude-longitude)

The Vantage phone does not have a GPS built-in, so GPS functionality (FINE_LOCATION) won't be available. Also, since there is no cellular connection COARSE_LOCATION also isn't available (in theory by installing an RTLS server with the RTLS application pushed to the device, you can enable function without cellular).

Google Play, and other Google services (including Google Maps and gMail) are available out of the box. Your end-user will need a Google account of some sort in order to activate those services. As an admin, you can also disable these via the 46xxsettings.txt file. You can interact with the Google Play/Google Services just like on any other cell phone.

--------------------------- Nick Kwiatkowski Michigan State University, Telecom Systems Planning and Engineering Team Adj. Professor of Media and Information Studies
ebinp
Hi,

Are you able to change date and time in device.I have a few Vantage devices which show wrong date and time. Sometimes it will show correct.
Go to:   
Mobile view