MengYu
Hi everyone,

I already posted one topic about the Realtime Report, but I still can't reach the value on the AVAYA server. I think I have a general problem because I don't have any idea how to start to build this applcation.

Can someone tell me how I should start with this application? I think I start with a very stupid question. I already downloaded the RTD SDK and what should I do next?

best regards
Meng
CCM_2000
You use Microsoft Visual Studio to then run or compile the SDK tools. These are samples you can then build upon to make your own application. However, you will need to be familiar with C programming language and be prepared for some challenges if you expect the client to be Windows 10 (this SDK is poorly maintained).
MengYu
Hi CCM_2000,

thank you very much for the information. I already found a solition without working with the API, for us it´s easier than using API.

best regards
Meng
EslamMI
Hi Meng Yu
can you share some tips how to get real time info

thanks
eslam
MengYu
Hi Eslam,

one of our colleague get the nr. direct from the server using cmd code and php. To be honest, I personal didn't really understood how he made this. I only created a mysql database where he put the real time data directly. For me, it was really difficult.

best regards
Meng
DavidLong
Any pointers on how to extract real time data would be most appreciated. We cannot use multicast, and so the Agent Desktop Displays are not an option for us. I have the RTDSDK installed on my client Win7 machine, and have VS2017 as well. The conversion of the sample projects to VS2017 results in a number of errors.

If I can somehow connect with the (Sybase?) database correctly and query the proper tables to get the current stats on calls waiting per skillset then it would be a great benefit to our call centers.
CCM_2000
The real-time data is not stored, even temporarily, in the database (at least not through the views provided). Real-time data is sent out through multicast and unicast (RSMSDK and RTDSDK). There is no option that is easy for a non-programmer. You will need to use one of the SDK's, a less than stable work-around, or a third party product.

Don't dismiss the multicast method too quickly. You do not have to multicast to every agent, you could run multicast to a server or workstation on the same Ethernet switch thus reducing the impact of multicast. Use that feed to store the data in a database and then query from where you need data.

CCM_2000
The work-around mentioned uses a command line program (batch file) to capture information to a file. It is not elegant and has virtually no way to recover is anything goes wrong. The batch file would run the mRcv.exe file with a pipe to a text file. The text file would then need to be parsed to get the data in a usable format. Managing file size and access are the tricky parts.
DavidLong
Hi CCM_2000,

Our enterprise has multicasting on many sites but not all. Some call centers can use the ADD while others cannot, and our networking people are saying multicasting is not a standard protocol which they can configure for all locations. If I have multicasting working at one location then I am wondering what would be involved in capturing the stream.

The other avenue you mentioned about leveraging the mRcv.exe with a resulting text parse I could manage something like this, as parsing text and populating an SQL Server database are easy for me. I see the file in the AACC server's "D:\Avaya\Contact Center\Manager Server\ccm\bin" location. What would be the required BAT code to query the skillset real time data, and to create a text file?
DavidLong
When I run the mRcv.exe application, and mark and copy the text, I see 30 skillsets showing. The browser-based real time skillset stats show 56 skillsets. The INI is set for the "6050" skillset moving window port.

Wondering why there's a discrepancy in the number of skillsets being streamed via the mRcv.exe versus the browser . . .
Ameerk
Hey David Can you share the Bath File. It would be really helpful for me
SimonBrown
FYI
My company wrote a RTD importer app to read the database direct for Agent, Skillset and Application RTS information and store to a MS database using the RTD SDK with a C++ app.
This was a rolling 3 second read with Generations of data read and stored with a nightly purge of older generations. Runs as a windows service.

Then I wrote an MVC web site that allowed supervisors to register and create MVC real time displays querying from the rolling generations.
Has screens for agent stats, skillsets and applications.
Avaya don't make things easily with old legacy SDKs!

Unless otherwise stated. EP 7.2.0.0.1117 Dev: JVM: 1.8.0_171 OD 7.2.1.0502 tomcat-8.5.23
Go to:   
Mobile view